The Memory Palace Experience (Unf#$&ing El Palacio de la Memoria)

Once you choose an option in the USB storage menu, Memory Palace will connect to your computer.
Memory Palace has a single trigger input; the trigger menu allows you to assign that input to any single button.
Details on the MIDI capabilities of Memory Palace can be found in the user guide:

Thanks for your reply

So what happens in the patch tutorial video (linked below at the correct timing) is not possible with current firmware?

Current firmware only allows the incoming trigger to be assigned to a single button function.

From the video, the single trigger input activates multiple boolean parameters at once. It is technically a gate, in that those parameters are only activated for the period of time that the Sensory Translator’s envelope generator is above the voltage threshold set in the Memory Palace. This is why the slower envelope produces a more significant effect.

The upcoming V20 firmware will allow the trigger to be assigned to multiple destinations simultaneously.

3 Likes

Cool! Just checking I hadn’t missed a trick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was that a beta version in the video that allowed for multiple parameters to be triggered?

No, it was just an earlier firmware.

Got it. Thank you for the clarification.

HI!
Reading all this thread, I’m a bit scary. :fearful:
I have 2018 early MP and I never update firmware (still V18 I guess).
Should I wait for V20?
And if I try and not satisfied with beta or V19, can I turn back to previous firmware without damage?
Last thing, I’m an ubuntu user, is anybody get problem with it and should I try to format SD card before push new firmware?
Thank’s

If you’re happy with V18, you can keep using it, or wait until V20. Once you upgrade, it is better not to go backwards.
Reformatting the MicroSD can help, if you run into any problems in the update process.

2 Likes

@Z0NK0UT As many users, I get strange behaviors : sometime it won’t boot, need some power recycling, DVI not always work and lose during session, sometime PAL is not detect, some artifacts/glitches… but I think I gonna wait for strong firmware revision, and continue to smash power button at start ; Still a wonderful module, no pain no gain!

2 Likes

Has anyone replaced the fan in their MemPal with a quieter one?

1 Like

Yup https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/255M/381-2353-ND/2403040

It’s 2mm deeper than the stock fan.

3 Likes

Oh nice, thanks @rempesm. Is it much quieter?

1 Like

I haven’t measured it but to my ears, yes it is a significant improvement.

To add some objectivity, checking out the datasheets below may help. Should probably also mention that this likely voids your warranty on your Memory Palace so proceed with caution.

Stock fan

Fan I used

tried to update my mempal from v19 to the v2.0.1. beta. had to do it via the sd card. getting this error in the menu while booting. menu is staying like this.

Looks like an issue with the card. You might try re-seating it.

1 Like

thats it! yap i formatet it. but looks like the card which came with the mempal broke. used another card and it works fine! case closed!

1 Like

I had to replace the SD card on mine as well once. Worked fine after that.