3trinsRGB+1c to LZX Adapter PCB

Flat ribbon cable maybe for the connection? With ground every second pin.
For the buffers maybe trim pots? I remember something about every unit having different voltage outputs, but not sure if that’s relevant here.

The module is powerd by the 3Trins, so that does not matter, I think.

Maybe I will make 2 header options, so that the user can choose.
Personally I dislike soldering flatcable as the traces are so tiny,
but a such a connector is pretty handy

hmm

3trins and LZX system def need to be synced, yeah.

FWIW, I usually accomplish that in the reverse direction, syncing the 3trins to LZX output. This way an external signal can still be fed into the LZX system — and used as sync source — without having to go through the 3trins first. Generally, I am just adding the 3trins to get its oscillators, so losing the external input there isn’t an issue at all. (But this also can create some nice feedbacking options as well, processing LZX output thru 3trins.)

4 Likes

Please tell me when to send you the money and I’ll buy the 3Trins lzx module from you :grin::pray:t2:

I still need to make the panel :wink:

updated pcb with 8pin IDC (right-angled) & 2pin MTA

3 Likes

how’s it looking this side?

almost done, I just have to measure out the panel (the hole position of the s-video socket) at the fablab.
The new revision of the pcb has a 8pin header and I have bought the parts for that.
this makes it possible to attach either a flatcabe with connector, or just wires if that is your preference.

I’ll try to go to the Fablab this week and then order the pcbs and panels!

4 Likes

after some small adjustments, the panel holes are correct.
I’m not going to use a square hole for the s-video connector after all, this round one
works just as good. I’ll go check the diameter of some more s-video cables to see if they all will fit.

3 Likes

the next (hopefully final) prototype is ordered.
If everything is working, I will have enough for a first run.

new features:
10pin IDC connection header for flatcable connection to the 3TrinsRGB
Black panel with correct hole positions :slight_smile:

update 25-02:
pcbs are in. panel looks good. I’ll test it and then it will be released!
(can’t reply 3 times in a row)

2 Likes

Very cool! Do you have photos of the new panel?

here:

8 Likes

I think it works fine.

but I’d like to test it with another 3TrinsRGB.

Does anyone want to help me with this?

1 Like

I’ll love to buy a built one. Don’t mind being a test mule on this.

I’d be happy to help, but I’m located in the US. If you can share the pcb design, I could order a board from oshpark. I should have most of the components already on hand…

I can help with that. I also have one of the older adapters, so we can compare.

1 Like

@VanTa ok I’ll PM you

at the others: thanks, I appreciate your support

1 Like

Ooh, I just saw this. I’m definitely interested in buying a built one if one is for sale!!

1 Like

we are testing it now. I think it will be ready soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is the output from this PCB at all affected by the Scroll control on the 3trins? On the PCB directly from LZX that I built I had to constantly adjust the Scroll to maintain a steady picture (and that’s just using the oscillators, not the video input).

on my test setup , when synced to the LZX (expander or 3trinsRGB out → Cadet sync in) , the image is stable.

3 Likes