3trinsRGB+1c to LZX Adapter PCB

I’ll check this, thanks!

you were correct. I am so used to separate power pins that this threw me off.
the power pins rotated as I mirrored the part

2 Likes

@reverselandfill Count me in for one of these!

1 Like

I’m quite busy with other projects, but I’ll try to test the MODS and see if I can order these soon

1 Like

Would like one of these!

I’d like one too :pray:t2: Please

1 Like

+1 here too please :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rempesm

So this would be needed for S-Video?
What sockets do you use? (pcb mount 4pin Mini DIN). something like this? 161-2204 Mouser

And the 2nd Composite output. does it need the cap & resistor or is that already covered in the 3trins somewhere?

Those 4066 horizontal / vertical range mods sound good too. I might add those as well (after some testing of coarse!)

I’ll keep the pcb with the OPA340, so that people without Eurorack can use this pcb too.

3 Likes

I have to make some measurements for the rightangled mini-din connector, and I’ll add a support for that connector.

2 Likes

Yes, your S-Video output looks correct now (I think you had the caps and resistor flipped in the last one).

Composite out also looks right and appears like you tested it to be okay too.

Let me know if you need any documentation on the 4066 mod. I would also highly suggest adding the Luma CV input for external composite video. I think it’s just a resistor to one of the points near that pot but I’d have to dig to find it. Would probably be prudent to have diode clamps to prevent over voltages, though.

Great work!

2 Likes

For the 4066 mod, I think I make another module. something like a collector module of cool mods :slight_smile: (but those that are a bit more complicated to solder to the 3trinsRGB board)

this lzx adapter & S-Video output module is still quite easy to do, without much soldering at different locations.

The mini-din connector looks to be centered when mounted , so that would be good news.
I’m a bit unsure on the hole diameter. I think it should be around 10mm or 12mm to get the plug in smoothly. (and so that the rubber arount the plug won’t touch the panel too much)

1 Like

Great idea! Even just a 5 input 4HP module (4x gate inputs through a CD4066 in parallel with the tactile switches) and CV input for Luma would be cool.

Can you cut out a square hole in the panel file and get the connector lined up flush on the PCB where they mate? That’s how it is on the Visionary CTBC and all the S-Video cables I have all mate just fine without their sleeves getting in the way.

1 Like

I think so. I started making panels with KiCad recently. It is easier there :slight_smile:
Doesn’t LZX uses those vertical mounted mini-din sockets like the CUI MD-40SV?

well, it needs some good measuring !
I was looking at this part:

1 Like

I ordered a prototype pcb for this project. No panel yet, because that was the main struggle.
(Square vs round holes & positioning)
I’ll try some lasercut panels before I make one in KiCad

Can I order the 3Trins lzx plugin from you?

when it is ready, you can

2 Likes

Please keep me updated :pray:t2::grin:

In fact I might buy a few from you as I am purchasing more 3Trins!

the proto pcbs are in (fast!), so I’ll be testing the pcb this week :slight_smile:

the prototype is tested and it works.
s-video output = OK
Composite output = OK
The LZX jacks can have some scrolling, this can be fixed by plugging in the composite output of the expander to the Sync input on the LZX system.
(I recall that the original plugin had the same issue)

The wire connectors can be a right-angled 8pin boxed header with a flatcable, or MTA
Maybe some other fancy solution. I’ll think about it. suggestions are still welcome

Maybe I can add another composite RCA jack to facilitate this routing, without losing that extra composite output.

I’ll also add a 5v + gnd connector for other future modules, to save some wiring.

1 Like