With Andor 1 player, why does my video file always loop after one minute of playback?

andor1

This issue occurs when synchronization mode is turned on, but there are no other media player units to synchronize to. Turn synchronization mode off to resolve the issue.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this. :pray:t5:

2 Likes

can confirm this works!
I was getting confused as to why the videos marked as long where so short
:slight_smile:

1 Like

a little different issue than the OP but thought it might be helpful to keep in this thread.

@paulslocum in my use of andor1 I have noticed that it seems to regularly dropout to black on playback. These dropouts to black can be anywhere from 1-2 seconds to 7-8 seconds and happen in the middle of the clip (not necessarily at the end or between a clip). Have you experienced this at all and/or is there solution you might know of? It seems to happen like every 4-5 times the clip loops (but not limited to that exact interval)? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

0 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen this drop out behavior what kind of video file is being used?

0 Likes

Below are the details for the file I am currently using. I am running this through my LZX so now that I think about it, it could be sync related with Cortex. I will test again just running andor1 through a monitor directly bypassing Cortex.

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 18 s 352 ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 28.3 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 30.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.570
Stream size : 62.0 MiB (98%)
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name : Dolby Digital
Codec ID : A_AC3
Duration : 18 s 336 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 29 ms
Stream size : 1 003 KiB (2%)
Title : Surround 5.1
Language : English
Service kind : Complete Main
Default : No
Forced : No

0 Likes

Ok. Tested the andor1 hdmi straight into my monitor and I am still getting dropouts…

So, I plugged in the keyboard and it appeared that the sync was on when I distinctly remember turning it off last time I calibrated the andor1. So far in the couple of minutes I monitored the feed, the dropouts seemed to have stopped.

Still not sure how the sync got turned on but will check that setting if this issue arises again, hopefully it was just a fluke.

0 Likes

The sync setting is stored on a text file on the USB stick.

0 Likes

@DesertMuseum Sorry for the trouble. If you continue to have problems, I suggest installing the beta software update which defaults to sync being off. Copy the update file to your USB drive and open the menu to install the update:

http://www.andorgallery.com/files/andor1_v1.044.update

0 Likes

@paulslocum thanks for the reply. Yes, I did/do have the beta firmware installed. I am not sure what happened as I was sure to turn sync off on last use, but, that being said, it has not happened again since I adjusted the setting. Running like a champ!

At least the issue has been documented here incase this comes up for someone else down the line.

Thanks!

0 Likes

@DesertMuseum The menu settings are actually saved to disk when you close the menu. It might be that you didn’t close the menu after changing the setting. I’m looking into addressing this issue in future updates.

0 Likes

@paulslocum Ahh… good to know. It is certainly possible that I did not close the menu after changing the setting. Thanks for the heads up on that!

0 Likes