Andor 1 and Projectors

andor1

I’ve done a set-up with three Andor 1 players running separate video from USB’s and each have their own projector. The video sync is awesome and really quite effortless. I’ve had one small issue with the connectivity of one of the media players.

Occasionally one of the projectors will lose the connection to media player and do a “auto-source” search to try and find it again…If the media player is the one thing connected to the projector and no one is touching anything I find it strange that it skips out? Any ideas? Could it be a short in the cabling - like a power skip? Keep in mind that it runs perfectly about 80-90% of the time.

Another more general question about the Andor 1 - if you are running the player for longer periods of time - how often should the player be unplugged ? is it recommended to unplug it at all. The projectors for the install are shut off daily but should the media players be shut down as well ?

Thanks for your input - greatly appreciate it
Mike

Hey Mike!

I’m not sure about the odd projector. Maybe double check your cabling or try a different or shorter cable if you have one. Test with another device to see if you have the same issue could be a good idea as well. Or swap the andor on the problem unit over to a different projector to see if you can rule out if it’s a projector issue or an andor 1 issue or a cable issue.

You should be able to keep them on 24/7 without issues.

Hey that’s great! thanks for the input, I’ll do the swap tonight and make an update on what I find.
Another general question - is there a recommended file codex for the Andor 1’s ? or rather - is there file types/ codex’s that the player won’t like ?

Regarding the problematic projector, another thing to try is changing the menu setting AdvancedOptions->SystemOptions->VSyncLock to “Gentle” or “Off”.

The recommended video format is H264/AAC with MP4 container. Here are the specifications:

Video Specification: up to 1080p @ 60fps, up to 40Mbps
Video Codecs: H264, MPEG4, MJPEG, VP6, VP8
Video Containers: AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MKV
Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, AIFF, FLAC
Still Image Formats: JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PSD
A/V Outputs: HDMI, composite video, analog audio
Other Ports: USB x 4, micro USB power input
Supported File Systems: FAT, NTFS, HFS+, EXT
Supported Audio: AC3, DTS, 5.1
Subtitle Support: SRT files