Andor1 Update 1.044

I have just updated my Andor1 players to 1.044. Now I read in one of the comments that an older version would be better for the sync functionality. I have an exhibition next month in which I will be running seven TVs in a video wall, which will then also have to synchronize! Would you recommend that I upgrade to an older version? If so, which one and where can I find it? Or would you say the current beta is good enough for this? I still had 1.01 running on my players before that.
I love these players and hope to get some again soon.
Ralf

2 Likes

Have you been able to test the multi-player sync since you updated? @paulslocum might be able to provide more info on your question.

Hello,
thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I have no more possibility to test the proper function of the sync functionality before. Everything is already packed and in the truck on the way to the museum.I read Paul’s statement only after the software update to 1.044. I will have to test it at the show then and update down to 1.01 if necessary.
I wrote to Paul last week. Maybe he still manages to answer.
Is there another version besides 1.01 and 1.044?
Best regards from Germany
Ralf

Can’t the Andor play video files sequentially, one after the other? My little Bluetooth keyboard won’t advance files, so I have to hit Esc to menu and dive down to select another one. Is this a menu preference I’m missing? I seem to recall pressing a key with a wired keyboard to advance.

Here a link to the Andor manual: https://github.com/lzxindustries/documentation/raw/master/Andor%201/Andor%201%20User%20Manual.pdf
Making a playlist is the best option for sequencing videos.

1 Like

@paulslocum having trouble with this firmware, and the sync setting is still defaulting to On. Please reach out if you are still active / alive

Best to stick with 1.01 unless you are trying to use a/v and HDMI audio outputs simultaneously.

1 Like

Thanks. How do I downgrade? Where can I get the older firmware?

Firmware 1.01 had a glitch with this long video file that would only play the first two minutes and then restart though. :face_with_monocle::man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

That may not have been the firmware itself, but rather file or hardware issues. 1.01 has been used in major exhibitions around the world without issue for years.

Yea Paul responded it maybe HFS+ drive format that is unreliable. Recommends EXT3 best case, and while not supported suggested trying exFAT as well.

Will be trying exFAT then EXT3 when a new stick for just Andor1 arrives. Previously was using reliable sticks but they were HFS+ and need to stay that format for other uses too.

2 Likes

new user here / LOVE the Andor 1 but have experienced Sync problem…

just want to play 1 MP4 file to a projector, and noticed Sync was defaulting to ON.

Reset to OFF, then ESC to back out of the Menu, and problem solved… until the Sync setting mysteriously changed to ON again.

AC was continuous, Sync set to Off, ESC to back out of the menu, and all OK until it wasn’t.

2nd test was same as above, but then shut down AC, restore, Andor comes up w/ Sync ON.

current fix is to enable Sync OFF then just run 24/7… but after a few days the Sync ON reared its head again, for no discernible reason.

This is an active exhibition that runs until mid-September, so need to be able to resolve this 1 issue ASAP.

THX for your kind consideration !

1 Like

Same problem here with sync and settings not being read from stick / claiming it’s read only. Just tested a new usb stick with exfat and it can’t read the file on there. Will try EXT3 another day…

Still seeking advice on how to get 1.01 firmware, and how to downgrade…

I am waiting to hear back from Paul Slocum about that.

2 Likes