I’m working on an update for the Andor 1 player. Below is a link to the latest beta version of the software, which you can install by copying the file to your USB drive and then opening the Andor 1’s menu. This update to the software fixes a few bugs and adds a couple of features like MIDI channel selection. It is pretty well tested and should not cause you any issues, but please let me know if you find any problems.
I probably will not add any more major features will this release, although I’m looking into adding the ability to force specific HDMI resolutions and refresh rates. I will be posting another beta release in a week or two.
The changes for version 1.044 are:
- added MIDI channel selector and MIDI omni mode (omni mode is now default)
- playlist trigger response time is now faster when synchronization is turned off
- fixed issue with 1/8" analog audio output not working with some HDMI displays
- changed synchronization default setting to “off” (only affects USB drives that have never been used with the Andor 1)
- fixed arrangement inconsistencies when using video wall modes with rotatation modes
- added support for AC3 Dolby Digital multichannel audio files (.ac3 file extension)
- added support for non-square pixels to correctly letterbox NTSC and PAL modes
- reduced warble and other subtle distortions on audio when synchronizing
- fixed occasional sync issue when using a new USB drive on default channel 99
- the playlist trigger index is now persistent among synchronized players (a newly booted player will automatically jump to the correct playlist index)
- the green LED now shows heartbeat when software is running
- fixed bug with PAL mode not being remembered at startup
- changed default vsync lock mode to “gentle” to reduce audio distortion and improve monitor compatibility