Visual Cortex Troubeshooting

The VC is powered in a Doepfer A-100LCB (wood case in pic)

The Diver is powered in a Doepfer A-100LC3 (black case in pic)

I have placed the VC and powered it in Doepfer A-100LC3 (same as the Diver) unplugged sync out to Diver and the throbbing noise still appeared.

I then unplugged all modules except VC in the Doepfer A-100LC3 and I’m still getting the throbbing noise.

I have found clean recordings prior to last week of Ramps patched into VC’s Green & Blue inputs and they look clean didn’t have this problem. Here is a pic of full rig.

1 Like

Super Thanks to @Z0NK0UT and @DesertMuseum !!! All of your questions led me tear down and rebuild whole rig - power to CRT. Turns out this is now RESOLVED. There was a feedback loop in the WJ-MX50 with the CHROMA cranked to MAX, it was showing up in channel A. I thought I was patched directly out of VC into CRT, BUT- as it turns out I was also still running thru mixer via DA and I was monitoring wrong channel on CRT-- DOH! amateur hour over here, I would never have discovered without your replies, Thanks again- time to clean up my spaghetti and get back to learning and experimenting with patching.

5 Likes