The Memory Palace Experience (Unf#$&ing El Palacio de la Memoria)

Got a tip by Luix. By enabling the usb mode without any cable connected and then disabling it again I manage to sync to my Pal system.
Hope it helps

1 Like

This is addressed at 10:16 in the recent tutorial video:

So if I were to make a mask that was the exact outline of the bee and set my MP to alpha key mode, I would get a clean, background-free image with zeroed out sliders? I will try that tonight and post a result here!

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I get PAL :smile:

… but when I switch the MP on he starts with NTSC again :disappointed_relieved:

Here’s a hotfix for Memory Palace firmware V18, which should resolve the issues with MacOS filesystem and NTSC/PAL select (internal sync mode.) https://github.com/lzxindustries/firmware/raw/master/memorypalace/memorypalace_2019-07-03_18-release-hotfix.zip

2 Likes

Will the MPs that ship in August already have this firmware installed?

This one or the upcoming firmware with expanded features.

1 Like

Hello I´ve updated MP to firmware v18 but it doesn´t switch automatically to Pal sync
Any idea?

The update don‘t fix the problem with PAL.

Did you update with the BIN file located in the “memorypalace_2019-07-03_18-release-hotfix.zip” package?

Yes but I wondered that it is much smaller than the one that was still loaded

Yes, the hotfix update doesnt fix the PAL sync for my either.
The work around from LUIX gets it to sync:
“What works for me is to leave it like 3 minutes on, and the reboot the modular until it locks on PAL.”
Takes me 3-4 cycles.

I hope the next firmware version can make it a little easier.

Morning,
to make it sync to PAL you also can go to ENABLE USB PROZESS and push the red button twice.

1 Like

This tip is known (see VanTa). But is not comfortable to push 4x the button to get PAL every time I start the system.

I’ll look more into this this week. I should probably give the hotfix a new version number so that you can see from the menu screen whether or not it has successfully updated to the new version. If you boot directly from SD card (hold SD Boot button on rear) do you experience different behavior?

I have been held up by work on TBC2, Fortress and Diver since Memory Palace’s release and apologize there hasn’t been more action with firmware updates. That’s about to change on the other side of these projects (which have been prioritized since we have a huge number of pending preorders waiting on them.) Thanks everyone for your patience.

6 Likes

I’ve rebuilt the hotfix and verified that it works correctly through firmware update. I’m not sure if there was an issue with the previous upload, but this one is definitely good to go!

https://github.com/lzxindustries/firmware/raw/master/memorypalace/memorypalace_2019-08-02_18-release-hotfix.zip

4 Likes

Sorry, but I had to fix the title. It was driving me a little crazy.

4 Likes

I’ve installed the version 18 firmware / hotfix and still have the locked on NTSC issue (format option greyed out and not accessible), but I can confirm Bhut’s method of enabling USB Access then disabling it switches it to PAL. The format option remains greyed out, but this works.

Getting goosebumps here, nearly there :smiley:

If I want to run VC into MP and output from MP as “final stage,” what’s the best way to get both channels of VC output into MP? I figured running component out of VC’s outputs back into its input decoder, and then routing the input decoder’s 3.5mm RGB into MP would do the trick…but when I do this the output is monochrome. I feel like there must be something obvious I’m missing. :-/