The Memory Palace Experience (Unf#$&ing El Palacio de la Memoria)

@giantmecha
I don’t use a shuttle but do have another blackmagic device and the 480p out of the MP DVI works fine when the Blackmagic is set to 525p… is this shuttle newly installed on your computer or has it worked in the past with other devices (just not MP)?

Very strange bug (B/W>Color)… I have not had this happen… is this with a HDMI cable running straight from MP into your monitor?

525 is 480. 480 is visual space and the remaining ‘45’ is essentially NTSC Timecode.

2 Likes

Just got mine (yippiiiiiii)
I can’t make it work in PAL though.
If internal, the option to change is greyed out.
If external, it would just ignore the input and still run in NTSC.
Is version 19 available somewhere or any other small trick I’m missing?

Not available yet! But I guess soon will be released.

What works for me is to leave it like 3 minutes on, and the reboot the modular until it locks on PAL.

1 Like

I was trying that yesterday without success, I’ll try tonight again.
Mixed feelings experience to see how great it is but not being able to enjoy it…

1 Like

Still no luck here :confused:
Anyone knows of a NTSC to PAL converter while waiting for a new firmware version?

New video from LZX and Johnny Woods up on the LZX YouTube channel!
How to load still images in the Memory Palace.

1 Like

I also have the problem with PAL. I can do what I want: I never get PAL. I can switch to internal, I can directly connect the RCA cable to VC (in PAL mode). MP is always in NTSC mode.

When we can get the firmware update?

I’m trying to export some stills for MP processing. My goal with the bee image is to get it into MP as it appears in Photoshop with no background layer, not unlike the bee image that’s included in the nature folder of the pack-in MP stills, even though that’s a JPG. In Photoshop, I only have this one layer, as you can see on the right, which appears to contain the bee and nothing else. However, when I load it into my MP, it appears on my TV mostly as it appears on the MP’s display when the sliders are at 0 (notice the reddish artifacts in the bg and the white artifacts near the bottom). I have also tried to export as a JPG which gives me slightly better results when keying, but the width and/or center sliders have to stay below the middle, or else the background will reappear if the sliders are in any position above 50%. Any PNG/JPG optimization tips so that I can utilize the full range of the sliders?

Edit: Here’s a still of what actually displays on my TV, still a little different from either of the other iterations. The crooked frame is just due to me not quite being zeroed out.

Edit 2: It appears if I set the KEY mode to Alpha, the center and width sliders active regions swap to the top 50%.

Got a tip by Luix. By enabling the usb mode without any cable connected and then disabling it again I manage to sync to my Pal system.
Hope it helps

This is addressed at 10:16 in the recent tutorial video:

So if I were to make a mask that was the exact outline of the bee and set my MP to alpha key mode, I would get a clean, background-free image with zeroed out sliders? I will try that tonight and post a result here!

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I get PAL :smile:

… but when I switch the MP on he starts with NTSC again :disappointed_relieved:

Here’s a hotfix for Memory Palace firmware V18, which should resolve the issues with MacOS filesystem and NTSC/PAL select (internal sync mode.) https://github.com/lzxindustries/firmware/raw/master/memorypalace/memorypalace_2019-07-03_18-release-hotfix.zip

2 Likes

Will the MPs that ship in August already have this firmware installed?

This one or the upcoming firmware with expanded features.

1 Like

Hello I´ve updated MP to firmware v18 but it doesn´t switch automatically to Pal sync
Any idea?

The update don‘t fix the problem with PAL.

Did you update with the BIN file located in the “memorypalace_2019-07-03_18-release-hotfix.zip” package?