Shapechanger - Odd results basic patch w/Cortex

I’ve just picked up a 2nd hand Shapechanger and after patching in Cortex (VC H Ramp to SC H Ramp in, VC V Ramp to SC V Ramp in, SC H Ramp out to VC Red in and SC H Out to VC Green in)…

I’m getting some weird distortion to the image that seems to disappear only when shapechangers Size knob is dialled above 50%. Is this normal? Should I be concerned of a fault? (See image, red dip/triangle shaped distortion)

VC and SC are power isolated so no other modules intruding

It’s a little hard to tell what’s going on from the image. Could you post a video?

1 Like

@Z0NK0UT
Sorry for the delayed response. I’ve not had a chance to isolate it again yet but I will do ASAP.
I’m actually experiencing some other odd stuff.

It’s getting really (REALLY) hot, and is causing other modules on the same bus board to do the same. My external AC power is also getting much hotter than usual.
I’ve taken the shapechanger out of my main case and moved it to a sub-case with plenty of spare power, but the same thing is happening.

Could it be a fault with the module? Is this usual? I’m no expert on eurorack power by any means, but I should have over 0.5A spare on each bus board so I don’t think it’s due to lack of power.

What power supplies are you using and what modules do you have on each supply?

I’m using the L-1 Power in my main case, modules and rail placement as per this sheet

It looks like you are exceeding the headroom on the positive rail. Memory Palace draws 550ma on the positive rail (and 50ma on the negative). The L1 supply only supplies 1500ma on the positive rail (according to the site).

I’m using the MP with a dc adapter, should have mentioned sorry that’s why it says 40 on the power consumption sheet

Aha, ok. Might be best to contact support@lzxindustries.net to arrange an RMA.

Ok great, thanks for your help :slight_smile: