[ORDER] SHUTTER - Triple Video Rate Mux

You got this! Slow and steady.

1 Like

I feel like a lazy DIYer because Iā€™m waiting for someone else to post a Mouser cart. Iā€™ve been busy with work stuff and havenā€™t spent the time to make my own. BAD SYNTHESIST, BAD!

If I get to it first, Iā€™ll post it for any other reprobates.

Cheers yā€™all, and thanks Fox!

5 Likes

I feel your pain.
Sometimes itā€™s difficult to share a Mouser cart. My next order will be for 7 modules. There will be a lot of cart optimisation (buying extras to hit price breaks) that will only make sense if you are building the same stuff as me. I also already have some of the components, so they wonā€™t be in the cart.

2 Likes

I just noticed that it says:

• CH A. & CH. B inputs: +5v/-12v tolerant

Does that mean that it can be damaged if more than +5V goes in to an input?
My system is a mixed audio and video system. I often send outputs from things like Maths directly in to it. Is this likely to be a problem?

2 Likes

CD4053 has limited max supply voltage (20V p-p I think) so probably being run off -12V and +5V rails (via 7805). > Vcc will eventually hurt the CD4053. Quick and easy fix would be a diode to +5 to drain away higher voltages excursions though.

2 Likes

happy to build a few of everything to keep on hand and i donā€™t mind shipping internationally. will be in touch soon about an order :grin:

1 Like

Yes, sending signals beyond those limits is outside of the CD4053ā€™s absolute maximium ratings. The other inputs are protected, but the idea of the modules is just to switch luma signals. A Cadet V or similar scaler would be rerecommended for your system.

Iā€™ll add an addition to the build guide for DIYā€™ers who want to modify their modules.

3 Likes

I have more diodes on the way, so the pre-built modules will be modified for full rail-to-rail protection on all inputs.

6 Likes

I read above and my question was already answered.

the pcb set just came in ! :boom:

4 Likes

Just waiting on my back ordered CD4053 chips to come in!

5 Likes

All modules built and extra diodes installed. Modules will be tested and shipped very soon.
I also did my best to add it to ModularGrid: Other/unknown SHUTTER - Eurorack Module on ModularGrid

12 Likes

If more orders open up, Iā€™d be thrilled to order a built module. DIY could also work if thatā€™s all that would be available. This looks so fantastic! Thanks for creating it!

4 Likes

These look beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Modules look amazing, looking forward to the next run of PCBs to build myself one!

2 Likes

All built modules will be shipping tomorrow morning.
More PCBs are also on the way for anyone who messaged me too late.

7 Likes

Hey @Mattzog & for everyone else as well, this is my own BOM, it should be fine. If you import it into Mouser, Iā€™m sure the Stackable Headers will cause issues because I hardwired the URLs to Tayda in there, maybe take them out and save a 2nd copy, use that with the Mouser BOM tool.
For feck sake, I canā€™t upload a non image file :astonished:

OK, after about an hour of fucking about, this should be it.
https://www.mouser.de/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=c83f08b2c0

I couldnā€™t add the regular 40pin 1row header so hereā€™s the Mouser Product Nr.: 571-4-103327-9
I compared the lenghts to headers Iā€™ve hear and it seems correct but donā€™t hold me to it.

Also the tall (arduino style) stackable headers are a ripoff at Mouser so here is the Tayda links:

Donā€™t be tempted by the Right-Angled 10pin box header, itā€™s the wrong way around :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Attention: DIY boards are back in stock for SHUTTER as well as my buffered Mults.
PM me for details. Iā€™ll PM the folks who messaged me too late.

You can make it work if you solder it to the bottom of the board instead of the top. This will make the module deeper but it will work.

Thanks Robin!
If you can still edit the cart, I have a few suggestions:

• 100nF caps are 5.08mm spacing (not 2.5mm) or use Tayda below.
  • I recommend 1/4watt for all of the resistors. Mouser has been out of 1/4watt 499R for months now.
  • Remove the duplicates from Tayda (10-pin shrouded, stackable headers)

Most of the parts can be found at Tayda for cheaper in smaller quantities, so I also would like to suggest getting these from Tayda:
1K, 20K, 100K Resistors
TL072
CD4053
1N4001
10uF electrolytic
100nF
330nF
6 pin stackable header
8 pin stackable header
10-pin Shrouded
I do not recommend PJ302M jacks from Tayda.

3 Likes

really love mine!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7a21OnbzT/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7_jo3HMij/

1 Like

Hi Fox,

I LOVE Shutter. Are there any assembled units still available? Iā€™m so impressed by your work.

1 Like