LZX Patch Challenge II: The Revenge (Haunted House theme)

This is it yā€™all! SUBMISSIONS END AT 5PM CENTRAL TIME

working on ours now
just got the structure of the basic patch finalized
now just need to do some parsing and construction

2 Likes

@Genlok just submitted ours and just wanted to make sure it came through.
we recorded the process start to finish so Iā€™ll upload a time lapse showing that too.
I submitted 480 but can easily send higher resolution.
Iā€™ll also submit our reference material after the submissions are closed.
I canā€™t wait to see what others have done we are pretty excited about ours.

Received! And the resolution is fine as is

2 Likes

how many submissions did we end up getting?

Iā€™m sending mine now :grimacing:
Ughh, way too last minute! :ok_man:t2:
[Update: sent, hopefully itā€™ll be OK]

2 Likes

Entries are closed! We got 15 total this time

5 Likes

My apologies @Genlok if my video formatā€™s not up to snuff. I sent a cropped version of my iphone video. Was cropped on my phone too. Hopefully itā€™s OK. (One of these days Iā€™ll have a more proper way to capture videoā€¦)

Here is the documentation for our submission

^^ Album of pictures (imgur) concept, notes, reference, setup, final MP painting (no processing)

^^ composite > microSD capture sped up 20X
we recorded the whole process start to finish then sped it up if you are into seeing that kind of thing.

We made a simple concept drawing then parsed out how to make that happen with easily obtainable shapes via our drawing patch* (Rectangle, half triangle, half circle). We composited a document camera feed of a reference drawing & memory palace then started painting. We took notes of the order things got drawn as it seemed like it may take more than one try to get something that we were both happy with. After the painting was done we took out the reference picture and added in some processing using the processing patch*

once we got to a place where we were happy we did a direct capture of the component output > extron 300a > BMD hyperdeck shuttle 2 (SSD)

*drawing patch

• Visual cortex H, V ramps > pulp logic comparators > BSO Quad mix/atten (Mix) > Doorway > MP R&A
  • Escher sketch is was used extensively for positioning and then the X&Y sliders on MP were used for fine tuning from there

*processing patch

• MP RGB > PF > Passage > Channel B VC
  • Mapper RGB > Matrix Mixer > Channel A VC
  • doorway, PF POS&NEG, MP Luma all got multed and sent around to various places for modulation
  • 3 AR envelopes were also used
  • a composite output from MP was brought back in through an ambery composite > component box to the decoder on VC and was used to get the ghosty feedback
10 Likes

Good work everyone that entered! Itā€™s gonna take me until this afternoon to get the videos edited together for voting, stay tuned.

3 Likes

Above and beyond! Way to take things to the next level.

3 Likes

Thanks for being patient, yā€™all. Should have the video and voting form up really soon.

2 Likes

Voting is up! Closes on Sunday night!

https://community.lzxindustries.net/t/lzx-haunted-house-patch-challenge-voting-voting-ends-11-59pm-october-25th-us-central-time/

2 Likes

my clip was made only with DIY modules :microbe: :no_mouth:
I started with my Asymmetric Studies patch to get a creepy house-like shape, then added a lot of feedback routings with the Castle VCO (synced by that same complex shape), Flipflops en advanced color mixing, and added some pulsating animation with a LFO and touch sequencer (Rene) .
The grainy stuff comes from feedbacking the Hard Key with itself (through other modules)

7 Likes

Great job, everyone! Really nice patches all around. It was fun figuring out how to get the shapes constructed and composited in mine.

The front wall and door were H/V ramps into hard keyers, then mixed, then keyed again. Easy way to get a centered square or rectangle instead of a diamond. The roof is H tri mixed with V ramp keyed through Doorway (modulated Threshold with another ramp to bend the peak down). The square windows were a SC/NV pair, mirrored on the X axis. The circular window is a SC/NV pair. The vertical lines for the double door edge are vertical bars keyed against a H triangle. Curtain does some softening.

All of that got composited across two Color Chords so I could get the edge transitions right. I split that into one channel of Marble Index (dry). It also gets split into Memory Palace in Warp mode which goes into the other channel (wet) of Marble Index for the feedback effect. I key that feedback inside the bounds of the house shape by multing one of the ā€˜dryā€™ outputs of the post-Color Chords composite into the Marble Indexā€™s Opacity input.

Several scrolling oscillators and Diver are animating the CV inputs of the shape generators. A touch of all of those are mixed with WoTA which goes into the Aux input on Memory Palace for vertex displacement.

A Befaco Muxlicer clocked by a divided down frame rate out sequences the Zoom input on Memory Palace.

7 Likes

Didnā€™t have the time to pull something together for this myself, but Iā€™m once again impressed by the diversity of solutions!

2 Likes

Challenge is officially over! Happy to announce that @rempesm crushed it with almost 30% of the votes!

Everyone did a fantastic job and it was a pleasure watching every entry as they came in. I hope even more folks are encouraged to join in on our next one!

Catch Mattā€™s entry at 6:17

FYI: A version of this with SOUND will be available on the LZX YouTube channel very soon

7 Likes

Congrats @rempesm & thanks for the detailed break down in your above comment. That was an extensive patch but in the end, the result was clearly worth the effort :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Well deserved @rempesm, enjoy your prize :slight_smile:

1 Like

post capture illegal activities on the spillaway house

4 Likes