LZX Patch Challenge: New Year's Resolution 2022

Welcome all to another exciting patch challenge. At the end of another wild year, this patch challenge is going to be open and interpretive. What do you want 2022 to look like for yourself or for the world (or both, for the solipsist)? What do you hope for? World peace? Alien invasion? A new pair of shoes? Enlightenment? Feel free to answer this question with a short piece of video art, utilizing LZX modules.

How to enter
Simply send me a link (via private message here on the forum) to a video created for this patch challenge, along with a description of the patch (modules/gear used, signal path, etc). The video can be as long or as short as you wish and use whatever method and gear you desire, so long as LZX is a part of the patch. Sound is optional.

All entries are due by midnight (US Central Standard Time) on December 29th. Voting takes place here on the forum, starting on December 30th and closing just before midnight (US Central Standard Time) on the 31st. The winner of the patch challenge will be announced on January 1, 2022.

Is there a prize?!
Yes, a mystery prize will be awarded to the winner of the patch challenge.

I wish you luck, video explorer.

9 Likes

Is there a Brown Shoes Only clause to the new shoes category??

1 Like

The brown shoes of 2022 won’t be shoes at all!

I’m still keeping the hashtag alive in my insta feed forever and ever. Energy can’t be destroyed, only transformed. Hit me with some burnt umber wingtips!

1 Like

Can entries be sent directly to the LZX email?

I would prefer links and descriptions be sent via DM here on the forum.

Only 37 hours before the deadline. The challenge is heating up!

1 Like

our system isn’t currently setup so unfortunately I think this will be one of the first contests we won’t be entering
but we are looking forward to seeing what you all come up with :slight_smile:

1 Like

The entries are in. Just four for this challenge, each one an audiovisual feast. See below for video link, patch description, and ballot. Voting closes at 11:59pm on New Year’s Eve. The video with the most votes wins!

LZX Patch Challenge: New Year’s Resolution 2022
  • Daydream Devices “New Worlds”
  • DoublecoolBossman “new years ball drops-> celebration-> hope there’s some snow on the east coast so I can ski this year”
  • Mauiey “New Year’s Resolutions”
  • Marizu “Visceral Treasure”
0 voters
4 Likes

Wow - crazy its only 4 this time. Admittedly I barely got mine in with all the holiday festivities. Nice work for the folks who made it in - nice to see each one is very unique. Cheers not Fears for 2022!

5 Likes

Congrats @Marizu for winning the LZX patch challenge! I will be in touch about your prize. Thank you to everyone else who entered and voted. I look forward to the next thrilling patch challenge.

6 Likes