We enjoyed the last patch challenge so much that as soon as it was finished @Z0NK0UT and I started planning another one right away. With Halloween just two weeks away, we thought it fun to summon some spooky vibes! Using LZX modules, your challenge is to conjure up an animated HAUNTED HOUSE experience that will send chills down everyone’s optical nerves.
LZX is very generously offering up a Pendulum Dual Animator module to the winner this time! Check out the rules below to see how you can win:
THE RULES (seriously, read these)
- You must fill out the Google form below to submit your video!
- Direct hardware video synthesis with LZX modules only. An exception is made for non-video eurorack modules (LFOs, envelopes, logic, etc).
- No camera or image inputs, no outboard gear except final capture device/camera.
- Video entries can be up to 60 seconds, one entry per person.
- Both video captures and rescans are acceptable as entries, 480p preferred when possible. Please do not submit anything above 1080p.
- Entries will be accepted starting now, October 16th, and will end at 5pm CST on Thursday, October 22nd.
- Winners will be chosen via poll on the weekend of October 23rd with the results formally announced the following Monday. You need to be registered on the LZX forum to vote!
- Creator of the video with the most votes will win an LZX Pendulum.
- All LZX users worldwide may participate and are eligible to win the grand prize. Module will be shipped to the winner by LZX Industries.
- As a reminder, the theme of this challenge is HAUNTED HOUSE. I expect folks to take creative liberties with this idea, make sure it is recognizable as fitting in the topic
While we won’t be judging entries based on recording quality, direct captures or high quality rescans are favorable for judging your patch!
I’ve created a Google form for entries, where you will need to enter your information (so I can contact you if you win) and upload your video. You can optionally post your entry to Instagram or YouTube and share it below in the comments, but you must submit it via the form to be a part of the challenge.
Any troubles uploading or completing the form, just PM me. You should receive an email copy of your entry by default. Google sign in required.
Happy patching, can’t wait to see what kind of eerie apparitions you exorcise from your system!