Composite signal adjusting and manipulating

i recently acquired a conversion box for my Gieskes Oscillatascope2B which is a VGA output:

this box let’s me adjust the size, shape and position of the composite output.

does anyone know of a box with similar features that would have these features for a composite signal?
i don’t mean for converting composite to anything else…i’m just looking for a way to be able adjust a composite output in the same way.

or…is my only option to xvert composite to VGA and then back out again?

thanks for any help!

1 Like

The fact that the “frequently bought together” box lists a composite -> VGA adapter makes me suspect other people have resorted to that solution

2 Likes

Yes the giesix stuff leaves a lot to be desired. Why not just spring for a visual cortex before they go out of print?

2 Likes

well…i already have all the Gieskes stuff and no room left in my modular setup for another module.
:stuck_out_tongue:
the giant hole in my video noiz setup is awaiting a Memory Palace.

just an FYI on how this turned out.

i ended up getting this doodad:

so i converted the composite vid signal to VGA and then back to composite with first VGA adaptor i bought.
it took a little coaxing but once it was happy with the signal…it started working!
now i can adjust the position of the composite output from some other devices.

for instance the DU-NTSC is not centered on the screen.
now i can easily nudge it around the screen.
this is also true for the outputs of the Critter and Guitari vid scope thingies.

here’s the DU-NTSC from last night’s session of Late Night Noiz For Late Night Fiends…
(it appears a few mins in)

2 Likes