Duplicating cortex output encoder

Does anyone have any suggestions/techniques/gear they use to create more composite (or Svideo/YPbPr outputs from the Cortex, now that the Cadet composite output module is no more?

Will be for sync generation for cameras and also for extra displays :slight_smile:
I’ve used the Bridge and passive mults, but am thinking more of something outside of the rack

1 Like

Unless I’m misunderstanding you, a composite distributer should do the job. E.g. composite in, 2 or more composite outputs. Kramer have a range of distribution amplifiers (https://www.kramerav.com/products/distribution_amplifiers/cv-yuv-rgb-and-y-c-das), but many others are available.

1 Like

Saiteron, [Teleos Modular] has a visible signals composite mult for sale on reverb. Maybe contact him through this message board. That’s probably the easiest method for sending all those genlock signals.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, bit of a pain getting shipping to the UK atm but i’ll keep it in mind

1 Like

That is indeed what I was looking for, correct terminology is what I needed, thanks!

2 Likes

Do you want the same output duplicated, or different output images?
If just same output duplicated there are many distribution amps, both in a rack and external. Syntonie has one, visible signals, fox, etc

1 Like

There are of course many UK distributers for Kramer, Aja, etc. This TV-One 1->8 amp looks like great value. You might find one on ebay for less. RCA<->BNC cables are also easily found.

I’d use a similar device if I didn’t have a pair of TVI modules. (These were Visionary series, so discontinued.) So I already have 6 dedicated sync outputs and 2 composite outputs on my VC that can function as sync. If I wanted to, I could chain the sync on my cams, but I’ve never bothered. Unfortunately, not all CCTV cameras support this option.

That’s one of the reasons these distribution amps exist. So many devices still use sync.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, Syntonie makes a composite multiple as well, they are located in France. Maybe that is easier.

2 Likes

It depends on how many sync signals you want to send, I guess. You might not want so many cables connected directly to your modular. A single sync output to an out-of-the-way distribution amp could be tidier. There are also import/shipping issues to consider. DIY would help with that, but for some of us there’s only the assembled option.

3 Likes

Hi @Tundra_Tides :wave:t3:
I’ve got a nearly complete complete Visible Signals (VSig) Video Distributor here in Berlin on workbench. They final components arrived yesterday so I’ll be able to finish it when I get home in about 4 or 5 hours. I’ll take some photos later.
I’ve recently sold stuff to a LZX user in the UK (via the Facebook group page), postage took about a week, no issues with customs thankfully :+1:t3:
Please write to me on here if this sounds promising to you :grinning:

And here’s a link to the Video Distributor module by Visible Signals:

2 Likes