Color composite to component?

Luma processing is fun in and of itself, but I would like the option of passing full color through composite. My composite input options ATM are Vidiot and Visual Cortex, and both only input greyscale.

I think the TBC2 will do this, or at least convert color composite to 1v RGB, which will work as well for what I have in mind.

In the interim, has anyone used this convertor? It’s a tad expensive for what it is, but if it works OK, it might be worth it.

Apologies if this is a redundant topic.

2 Likes

i use this converter to go into my visual cortex it was one of the first external converter boxes I bought and has worked flawlessly for a long time.

right now it sits after my V4 again going into the visual cortex

I’ve used both the composite and the s-video inputs and both work great

2 Likes

Nice, that’s more or less what I’m trying to do as well, but with an MX-1 mixer. Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I also use one of these devices, and used it with a V-4 and a VC. It’s simple, effective and reasonably priced. I often forget its there, it works so well!

1 Like

if it doesn’t work right away there is a button on the face of the unit that you may need to press

1 Like

This converter from Ambery (which looks identical, and is the same price) used to be listed as the recommended component-composite converter on the old LZX site. I’ve got one, works great.

http://www.ambery.com/costorgrgbco.html

2 Likes