Andor USB control issues

I am working on a project using two Andor deluxe devices. One of them stops taking commands within a few seconds whenever I try to change the settings. It happens to the same device whether I use a USB mouse or either of the two remote controllers. I happens regardless of which USB port I use.

The other device takes commands with either remote and my USB mouse. I can navigate all the menus and use the ESC button to show/hide the menus as normal.

The problematic device syncs fine and plays automatically, and seems to work as long as I don’t need to change any settings.

Is there anything I could be doing wrong on my end? Help appreciated.

Hi, sorry for the trouble. I’d try swapping USB drives and power supplies between the two players to see if that’s the issue. If the USB drive is the issue, then try reformatting it. If the problem persists, then I suggest getting a warranty replacement.

flizzo did you ever get your Andor working correctly? My deluxe is doing something similar. If I adjust anything in the menu or go into playlist editor it either locks up or possibly just stops responding to USB input.

If I’m lucky I can restart, go into menu and change one thing then exit menu and it will keep those changes. But even then it still stops responding frequently and need to unplug/replug power.

I have tried formatting the included USB drive, using other USB drives and updated to 1.044.
Using the included power supply, cables and wireless keyboard controller.

1 Like

I never figured out what was wrong with the device. For that project, the client simply needed to be able to turn the devices on in the gallery at the start of each day and have the videos sync, which the Andor’s did without issue.

I ended up writing them detailed instructions NOT to mess with the settings because of the freezing/crashing issue.

Hopefully you can also find a work around.

1 Like

Dang, at least is seems pretty solid once running as long as you don’t need to access the menu.

1 Like

Have you charged the USB remote? There’s a Micro USB connector on the bottom side of it (easy to miss) and you can charge it with the same power supply as the Andor 1 or with any phone charger.

1 Like

Yes, USB remote has been charged.

1 Like

What brand of wireless keyboard is in the deluxe? I have the basic Andor1 and it works fine with a wired keyboard, but the wireless keyboard / mouse I have locks up after a few seconds.

1 Like