Andor 1 Still Images

I’m trying to display still images and get an “unable to display image” message. Video clips work fine, and the inage I’m trying to use I have both a jpeg and png version of, but both give this error message. Is there a format that the andor 1 is looking for (aspect ratio, image size, resolution, etc)? I found details about video in another thread, but nothing related to still images. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What are the file sizes and image sizes of your images? Have you tried converting to other formats?

1 Like

I’m sure the fault is on my end The file sizes are anywhere from a few megs to 30-40. Image sizes of 1920x1080 and larger. I’ve only tried jpeg and png. I’m really just looking for a list of limitations of some sort, to know what image and file sizes are the limits, or what is best-practice. I can work around any limitations, but not knowing what is expected and taking shots in the dark is a little frustrating. The player itself is cool and I’m having fun with some blender renders.

1 Like

Hey, sorry I missed responding to this one. I haven’t had many problems displaying images, although I know it can’t show really large images. When I was testing, I downloaded a bunch of images from the internet and didn’t really find many that wouldn’t show. I think it also can’t show stuff like 10-bit color. JPG and PNG are typically what I use.

1 Like

Probably the images I was using were too big. I got a structure synth and had to really downsize images to get them to work; they have a very specific format that’s required. I just need to do more experimenting and see what the max size the andor1 will handle. Really enjoying the box :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@analogbrainsurgeon :wave:t3:
How have you gotten on since your original post? Any tips regarding file sizes & formats? Any issues or noticeable improvement after a firmware update?

Hi! Just saw this message… I haven’t really used my andor1 since I posted last. Structure was doing a good job with still images, and I also picked up a v-40hd to get video into my system easily. I should pick up the andor1 again and get to experimenting, it has good potential as a clip launcher, for little gifs and stuff. When I did use it to get some video into my Cortex the combination of the andor1, ambry box, and all the cabling and power adapters just kinda got in my way. With the release of TBC2 I see the andor1 making a return to service.

2 Likes