A new concept in pattern generation for video synthesizers. Diver is a single axis waveform sampler, ramps generator and digital effects buffer which translates audio signals to the 2D space of the analog video frame. Add scrolling motion to your patches and transform any audio source into a powerful shape generator.
- Width, 16HP
- Mounting Depth, 32mm
- Power +12V @ 80mA
- Power -12V @ 10mA
- Patch Diver’s H and V ramp outputs to your video output. Play with the phase controls. Push all the illuminated buttons to see what they do to the default ramp shape. Once you’re comfortable, move on.
- Patch an audio source into the WAVE input jack, and turn its level control up. You should see audio superimposed over your ramp shape. Check out what happens when you hit the freeze button now. Frozen! Now keep hitting that freeze button a lot to see what a strobed capture looks like. Neat!
- Patch your audio source into H Phase input instead. See how that looks different. Now you’re ready to move on.
Selecting A Bank
- Press the Bank Select button. The central LED window will show your currently selected bank. Bank #1 is at the bottom. Bank #20 is at the top.
- If you don’t press the bank select again within 3 seconds, the LED window will switch back to showing you a visualization of the current waveform.
- If you do press bank select again, you will advance to the next bank.
- There are 8 selectable banks. Banks #1 thru #6 have preset ramp shapes. From first to last, they are: Linear, Expo, Log, 4bit, 3bit & 2bit. Bank #7 has no ramp shape, it just captures the audio signal present on the Wave input. Bank #8 has no ramp shape either, but is meant for capturing sources that are synchronized to Vertical Sync (like video oscillators.)
Mapping The Trigger Input
- The trigger input can be mapped to any of 7 different destinations: Freeze, Clear, Mirror X, Mirror Y, Invert, Scroll X and Scroll Y.
- To map the trigger input to a destination, hold down the MAP button. The LEDs inside the illuminated buttons will switch to show you which are selected, and which are not.
- Continuing to hold the map button, push the buttons for the parameters you wish to control, to turn the mapping on or off.
- Release the MAP button.
- There have been no firmware updates since the first production run in August 2019.
Firmware Update Instructions
- Currently firmware upgrade is only supported for PC.
- Install the DfuSeDemo application available for free download at https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32080.html. Click the Get Software button near the bottom of the page. You may need to create an account.
- Install the DfuSeDemo application and USB drivers.
- Next, download and save the most recent DFU file available at https://github.com/lzxindustries/firmware/tree/master/diver.
- Open the DfuSeDemo application. In the Upgrade or Verify Action section, click the Choose… button and then select the DFU file downloaded in the previous step.
- Remove the module from your EuroRack and disconnect EuroRack power.
- Connect a USB Mini-B to USB A cable to the rear of your module. Then connect the cable to an unused USB port on your PC.
- The DfuSeDemo app should recognize your module as STM32 Device in DFU Mode.
- Click the Upgrade button. You should receive an Upgrade Successful message after a few seconds.
- You may now disconnect your module from USB and reinstall it in your EuroRack case.