My Diver doesn’t have a “Terminate” Slider/Button

I received Diver last week and it won’t sync. It scrolls slowly from left to right with a glitch line through it at all times. What’s more frustrating is that my Diver (ordered directly from LZX) doesn’t have a “terminate” slider or button on the back. I have looked at it under a microscope and there is no button. I’m assuming that is part of the sync problem but I suspect not all. The glitch line is always in a random but prominent location when I power the unit on. In its present form Diver is not an attractive instrument to use. The glitch bothers me to no end and the sync is just frustrating. Does anyone have any solution to any of these problems (including the missing button)? I have wanted Diver for a while now but I doubt I will keep it if a solution isn’t derived. Thanks group :pray:t2:

Swap which RCA connectors you put into the In and Thru connectors and see if that corrects it. Some of them are seemingly reversed labeling.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I’ll try that. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Diver terminates sync automatically and does not use a physical switch. Apologies for the reverse labeling on the rear RCA sync jacks–this was only an issue on the most recent batch.

2 Likes

Hey @Fallinggirl :wave:t3:
Likewise I’ve recently gotten one of these Divers & they’re a frequent topic on the LZX users Facebook group. I’ve definitely seen people express frustrations with the Diver but also other people loving theirs.
I recorded video earlier & posted some of it an hour ago to Instagram. I got some nice results with the Bank 8 selection that’s ideally expecting a video oscillator signal, thankfully I had an Cadet VCO on hand. Ramps didn’t seem to work well but maybe mixing a ramp with a vco waveform in a Passage, Bridge or Cadet Fader or Cadet Multiplier will do the job. I’ll try that on Sunday evening or next week.
Hopefully some of the video will inspire you or at least laugh, my Irish accent is absurd :rofl:
Have a good weekend from Berlin, Robin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDkg6jBxrp/?igshid=18sodll9m12wn

2 Likes

You’re AWESOME! That fixed it! I’ll upload some cool video that I’ve done with it. Diver is GREAT!

1 Like

This is great! I got mine working too. I love your work. I’ll post some of mine and upload it.

1 Like

I’m glad to read that you got your Diver sorted :+1:t3:
& more so that you’re enjoying the new range of possibilities it brings into your setup. Definitely post some links to photos or video when you’ve uploaded something :star_struck:

Here’s one I just did: https://youtu.be/DgtfZGhNNvo

2 Likes