1U utility modules

Hi,
I’ve seen a couple of people talking about 1U utilities, maybe we can gather together the ideas in a thread.
I remember also that at some point in the lzx website there was a diy section with some simple schematics that I think could become nice 1U modules. Anybody has those?

I may make some 1U modules once the dust settles from the Sandin IP PCB frenzy.

So far in my own modular I have the following built as Intellijel format 1U tiles: mult, switchable passive highpass filter (4hp!), both Sandin IP modules, and (soon) a preview monitor source selector.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_gD4TorwvAdN2dGNzdvUENETVk

Here are a lot of schematics. this is the video synth DIY google drive

I’ve build the summing mixer, both Sandin modules and I have a triple VCA in Eagle layout.

I was toying with the idea of doing some 1u tiles. i dont have a rack yet to test them in. maybe soon

IMO:
(1) it is inevitable that 1U video modules will manifest — simply because we are mostly living in a world of Eurorack video… and 1U modules found their niche in audio. Also, it allows video artists to make more use of existing Euro cases that have 1U rows.
(2) one benefit I imagine of opening the door with 1U video modules is to also explore non-“utility” modules with a small form factor… or redefining what a utility module is maybe… I could totally imagine some 1U 4046 oscillators… and/or someone motivated enough could probably redesign many cadets or castle series modules to fit a 1U format (even if they had to be 12 hp or something, lol).