1U utility modules

Personally, I use Intellijel. That’s mainly because I purchased an Intellijel case. I know Shakmat Modular has 1U modules that they sell that have faceplates for both 1U standards. I think if you design the pcb for the smaller standard, then it easily switches out to the larger, though there is also a different power supply for the Pulp Logic tiles which needs to be considered.

1 Like

There’s a different power connector (in the original post I wrote supply) on the Pulp Logic modules? For real?

The head at #Shakmat is an awesome guy, I’m not surprised to hear that he’s being flexible enough to offer both sizes of 1U panels.

1 Like

it is a different kind of connector not necessarily a whole different supply

you buy a special power connector that goes into any regular bus board but instead of one output it has 6 tied together.

1 Like

I guess this makes sense because so many of the 1U modules are really quite small & have very little power requirements yet if each one required its own regular power cable, most power boards would run out of sockets really quickly.

Anyone has any thoughts regarding the colour coding of such cables for the 1U format? I am because according to the Perfect Circuit product page, the 6 breakout power cables use red for the +12 power, which isn’t helpful compared to the red=-12V Eurorack Synth standard. I’d leave it as is simply to avoid confusion but … :ok_man:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

The shakmat module pcb (time apprentice) has points where you can solder a Futaba J power cable for the Pulp Logic Power supply. It is similar to the points on the Visual Cortex pcb where you can add a 2x3 header for the VC expander.

2 Likes

Ah, I thought somebody would have previously posted about the 3 other 1U modules available from VisibleSignals. A fourth has been released this weekend.

2 Likes

Just for fun, nothing more but faces & maybe even characters within a module & yes, sadly somehow, an inanimate object.

& now for some more serious stuff & why were all here, right? :wink:
Here’s a link to 3 “first patch” videos centring on the Visible Signals 1IF (now you can feedback your Visual Cortex) and 1LV. I’m really surprised at just how immediately handy these are! They definitely get my :+1:t3:
I’m working on a “steel of approval” rather than a “seal of removal” :wink:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRcS0z1hYt6/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ughh, instasham cut the videos to 1min in lenght and sliced the sides off of the 3 videos :joy:
So here’s full lenght & hopefully uncropped video on YT.

1 Like