Vidiot + Diver performance

Using Vidiot together with Diver, the quality of the edges seems to be quite poor. In the images you see Diver’s output patched into Vidiot’s key 2 input. In the Vidiot + Diver tutorial video with this exact patch it doesn’t seem to be so bad, so my main question is if this is normal or what I can consider to improve it.

Also, is it true that Diver is an NTSC device? So it is never possible to use Diver + PAL camera + Vidiot?

1 Like

Dirty edges like that usually indicate a noisy power supply. What power solution are you using?
Since there is no video encoding or decoding going on in the module, Diver works with Vidiot no matter if it is set to PAL or NTSC.

1 Like

For power I am using a Doepfer A-100LC1.

Ok. The Diver input only looks normal when Vidiot is set to NTSC, if set to PAL the diver input looks like my PAL camera looks when setting Vidiot to NTSC…

1 Like

Are you sending the camera into Vidiot and looping the sync through to Diver?

1 Like

Yes that is the way I’m doing it. But even without the camera connected, Diver only seems to work when Vidiot is set to NTSC.

1 Like

Ok I didn’t connect the sync cable properly :disappointed:. I reattached it to the back of the Diver and now it also works when the Vidiot is set to PAL.

2 Likes

@mauiey Did you ever figure out why you were getting the rough edges with Diver? I’m having this issue as well, and I don’t think it’s the PSU giving the issue…

1 Like

I upgraded my power supply to a Doepfer PSU3, which helped. I now also have a V4 (for a different issue described here) in the chain. Probably it does nothing for the edges but the Vidiot + Diver performance is much better now.

1 Like

Ah interesting, thanks for letting me know. Strange that my Diver’s edges seem much rougher than other modules on the same PSU, but maybe it’s more sensitive because of its particular circuitry.

1 Like