TBC2 has been released!

Cool beans… in a way, I’m glad to be a latecomer to the party. Love the Gen3 panel design. Maybe it’s silly of me to care about the aesthetics of tools, but there it is.

Thanks

2 Likes

I definitely understand! We just want to move ahead with that as the default option. If anyone in batch #2 prefers the Orion front panel, we will have some left over and can work that out.

4 Likes

How’s development on Firmware 1.1.0 coming along?

2 Likes

Coming along well. We’re focused on making physical modules at the moment. Fulfilling TBC2 orders is the top priority.

8 Likes

Sounds good!! Thanks for the status update!!

1 Like

I can confirm that TBC2 can sync Prismatic Rays.

I now have my TBC2 in my Gen1/Gen2 cabinet, powered by 2 Malekko PSUs. The TBC2 is powered by the LZX DC power module and brick, with the sync bridge cable linking the TBC2 Eurorack power socket with the PSU for the PR modules.

Everything works fine in HD, but I had to move the switches on the TBC2 rear to the up positions. I can also confirm that I can sync the TBC2 with my ESG3 in the other cabinet.

I hope this info is useful.

5 Likes

Here’s a curious sync issue: when I sync a Prismatic Ray at the scan rate, there’s always an offset from the left side of the screen. (I’d upload an image but uploading it keeps failing.)

This isn’t a problem, as I’m more interested in syncing my PR modules at the frame rate, but I am a little curious. Is this a TBC2/PR issue? Does this TBC2 sync signal differ from VC or is it related to the higher frequency for HD? I’ve not yet tested this in SD mode (mainly as I don’t use it anymore).

Thanks.

It could be an artefact of syncing PR at HD rates (what is your TBC2 setting?). This could be determined by testing PR sync in other formats. Worth experimenting.

1 Like

I’m currently using the PAL 1080 25 fps mode, but I can experiment.

Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve experimented.

This is clearly an HD thing as I can’t reproduce it in SD. My options for experimenting are limited, however. Many video modes don’t work at all for me. So I’m limited to the two modes, PAL SD and HD at 25 fps. Would the fps matter? I tried 50 fps and got a total mess. I can’t recall all the other modes I tried, but even basic NTSC (all video mode switches down) failed. Just another black signal.

I could try again and record all the results, if that’ll help. However, I’m only interested in the results I can get using 1080 and 25 fps. If this is what the Prismatic Rays do with these sync signals, then I can live with that. As I explained earlier, I can use the PR modules mainly with the frame sync.

Thanks.

That’s helpful to know. Thanks for testing what you could.

1 Like

Will ‘any’ update be compatible with “Ming Mecca”??? At one point it was announced TBC2 would support but it’s been awful quiet :frowning:

I think 240p60 input will be supported in the next firmware update.

1 Like

What’s the difference between the two firmwares below?? Confused if you purchased just the upgraded panel and swapped out but I’m guessing there were some hardware changes when switched over to the Gen3 Panel version of the module so each firmware is specific to a module (serial#00-XX) release.

TBC2 Firmware 1.0.2-mk1 (Orion Panel)
TBC2 Firmware 1.0.2-mk2 (Gen3 Panel]

1 Like

You need the firmware based on your modules release. So if you had an orion panel and that is how it was shipped. You need Orion firmware. It does not matter if you changed the panel yourself.

If you have picked up a TBC2 secondhand, you can just look at the back of your TBC2. If you have a full panel rear plate with a fan in the middle extruding out from the back shield. You have ORION.

If you have a gen3 style power pack on the rear side of your TBC2. You have Gen3.

4 Likes

Well hello, I purchased the Dingsun HDMI to YPbPR component adapter. After switching it on and off a couple of times, I got it to work with the TBC2 in 800 x 600 mode. Anything higher I might be able to use? It says it suppors 780p, but I don’t see that on my M1 Mac. I can try to install SwitchResX, which used to work well for me back in the day.

Anyway, in 800 x 600, the sides of the screen are cropped on my LiquidTV, which is odd since 800 x 600 is 4:3, which should be the same as SD. Any thoughts?

I am very naive when it comes to video, so this may be obvious.