TBC2 has been released!

Wonder if the VGA expander pinout info has been/could be shared?

The stock dual expander thingy is just way too big for my needs/case, but would like to DIY a single VGA expander 1u solution.

5 Likes

My Memory Palace’s screen hasn’t burned in yet, but it would be nice if LZX added a turn-off screen option like a TBC2. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ll publish the pinout in the docs.

6 Likes

I was re-reading the TBC2 specs and I remember at some point there was talk of supporting 240/288p for Ming Mecca compatibility??? It doesn’t look supported and still needs an external device to pass signals accordingly. Just checking.

240p input isn’t enabled yet, keep an eye out for a future firmware update.

1 Like

Can anyone verify the screen saver function works in 1.0.1?

I haven’t seen it in 1.0.1

I thought the screensaver goes on by default after 10min inactivity? Not something the user has to enable? So it’s not present in 1.0.1 per above then???

I tried reloading 1.0.1 to make sure there wasn’t a versioning issue and I do not have a screensaver after 10 minutes (and longer) of no interaction with controls. @Z0NK0UT should we move this part of the conversation to the Helpdesk or is this issue being tracked internally?

Hoping the screensaver feature receives some immediate attention then!!! I’d hate to get screen burn-in like MP.

Thank y’all for your feedback. Lars is working on a firmware update.

6 Likes

Will the next update enable the "contrast / hue saturation " proc for component? Looks like the 1.01 version can do this only with composite input.

2 Likes

Yes, that feature will be available in upcoming firmware.

6 Likes

good to hear! are the plans for a menu to change the parameters like treshold of the internal timebase corrector (like on the roland edirol v8) to get a more stable sync with glitchers like cbv001 / ave mod?

1 Like

Firmware 1.0.1 is out now, and only includes a couple of quick fixes.
Firmware 1.0.2 is next, and includes some fixes for VGA input detection and any other bugfixes.
Firmware 1.1.0 will be after that, and includes any new feature adds (Component proc amp, Screensaver, etc.)

All of these features have been implemented (some I was planning to make part of 1.0.1), but there have been some new bugs I introduced while adding them, so that’s what’s keeping me from a quick release. I am prioritizing finishing assemblies and shipping orders to those who don’t have the module yet, but am getting close to being caught up. So hang tight, please try to enjoy the initial release firmware, and we’ll have updates soon.

15 Likes

This is great news! Thanks to the LZX team for all of the hard work that is making this happen. I’m super excited to be getting a TBC2 in the rack soon!

2 Likes

I’m a late buyer who ordered in May 2022 so of course I haven’t received it yet.
I’m very happy to hear Lars say that assembly is a priority. :pray:
I feel like it’s definitely getting closer! :blush:

5 Likes

Does the TBC2 require both DC and bus power like the Memory Palace?

1 Like

No. Either EuroRack or DC input will work, same as Gen3 modules.

4 Likes

Hi TBC2 crew – just wanted to update you. I just received revised boards for some production changes on TBC2 that were necessary for batch #2, and expect to be back to the software related fixes next week. I want to at least get 1.0.2 out in the short term.

For batch #2 we will be moving to a Gen3 style front panel design. There will be some update kits (frontpanel + standoffs/screws) available for anyone who wants to change their Orion era assemblies. We’ll keep the price close to costs on those. They will be available around the time batch #2 lands.

11 Likes