Structure vs. Memory Palace

Hey all,

Lots of great points here about different aspects of these modules. Sorry I’ve been pretty much absent from the forum for months. One thing I wanted to share that I think is awesome, is the new Structure firmware update includes multiple assignable internal/virtual LFOs. So… previously I would pair Structure with a quad-LFO module in a small case… but I recently split them up because I longer need those external LFOs to accomplish the modulation/animation I want. Granted, the immediate adjustability of a dedicated LFO module is still preferable, but I’ve enjoyed freeing up my LFOs for other uses.

2 Likes

They continue to have excellent updates for Structure. This last one that added all the internal LFOs really helps get patches moving and morphing without any additional modules.

4 Likes

I like to play with a lot of 240p video sources, like game systems. Structure handles those like a champion, where they can be sent into LZX land and play nicely. I tried sending some into TBC2, and it didn’t handle them well, so for me Structure will stay indispensable.

1 Like

Thank you for information! :pray:

I am waiting for the arrival of TBC2.

I was thinking of using the TBC2 for input of 240p sources such as Ming Mecca, but it’s very sad to hear that it doesn’t work well… :weary:

Stay tuned. I know Lars wants 240p to work well, so I’m sure the bugs will get sorted out.

2 Likes

I got it working this morning. It’ll be in the 1.0.1 update.

7 Likes

scaler
and
FDel
these sound like fun parameters to play with!

Lars, you kick ass!!!

1 Like

Yes there are 4x Scaler Modes: Bypass, Fit, Crop, Stretch.

These are mainly for aspect ratio correction, for example 4:3 to 16:9 and 16:9 to 4:3 upscaling and downscaling scenarios.

Frame delay varies based on the size of the scaler’s output frame buffer. In NTSC, it goes up to 43 frames.

5 Likes

YEAH baby! So for 1080i we can expect ~six frames?

It’s at least that. Right now there’s a fixed memory size per modular part of the app, so each input stream has an equal amount of memory. What I’m getting at is that I can make this more flexible later on. For example, decreasing the max delay of one channel could increase the max delay of the other.

4 Likes

Fantastic! So we can expect single channel operation to enable delay of ~12 frames @ 1080i. That is (visual) music to my ears.

1 Like