Rookie Zone ;-)

I felt like starting a thread for us rookies,where we can post screenshots of our patches,so here goes:

11 Likes

Those are 2 awesome images @FranzKappa :+1:t3:
Post some links to video if you made some, I’d love to see these animated.
What did you use? I can delete this comment if you want to keep dialogue to a minimum in this thread. Feel free to pm any answers or update your original post.

1 Like

Thnx.Fortress,diver and doorway are modules that are always involved in my patches somehow and the vidiot of course.The memory palace i’ve been using in the second pic is currently away for repairs :sob: (Damn,i just got the friggin thing and started to really like it)

2 Likes

That’s rookie material? Both these look way more interesting than the average patches I’ve seen. I like the 3D depth and the sci-fi vibe. I’d love to see full video or a patch breakdown.

3 Likes

I consider myself (still) a rookie.I don’t know much about recording and how a lot of basic stuff works.

The ufo in the first pic is just a diamond from diver that goes into doorway,with the dac from fortress going into a passage channel and from there to doorways background input.The rest should be a mix of fortress and vidiot oscillators.Don’t ask me about the second pic though.It was the first decent patch i did with memory palace and i haven’t spent enough time with it to fully understand how i did it :grin:

Here’s a shot of something i’m doing right now.It is a big step for me towards learning how to harness the awesome powers of polar fringe :grin: I bought that module last holiday season and today i figured out what sort of cool things you can do with it.If this isn’t proof for me being still a rookie…

2 Likes

A variation of the patch from the previous picture.

5 Likes

Some of my recent experiments.

7 Likes

Nobody else doing screenshots? Oh well…

4 Likes

Trying to get a decent clip with a pyramid atm.Those two are quite ok i think.

Mmmmmh,strawberries…

Variation from one of my pyramid patches.

4 Likes

Perceived depth on both of those pyramids is great. Nice work!

Are you using Curtain to enhance the edges on the first one?

1 Like

Yep.Mix out usually ends up going through doorway atm.

3 Likes

Finally made a decent pyramid clip with my new helper (mapper) that i just got about an hour ago.

3 Likes

You’re a rookie? Where does that put me :joy:

2 Likes

Ask me about logarythmic ramps or some other basic s#%&:grin: and if i had to do my stuff with cadet or castle modules,instead of the vidiot,diver,fortress etc,the results would probably look a bit different.It’s easy to get interesting results with just a handful of expedition and orion modules,even if you don’t really understand how they work.

3 Likes

Day 3 with my Gen3 system.
In this I think I am using DSG, Stairs, Keychain, Proc, Matrix Mixer & ESG. Was just a quick test trying to understand CV from audio modular. This was two out of phase outputs from a Joranalogue Generate 3 attenuated down to +/- 1v going in to both CVs of Stairs. Man… give me more CV inputs! flicking switches on DSG is so fun. If that was CVable… holy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CitfWjFrEvn/

1 Like

If you want more cv, run one of the proc channels in front of the cv input as a cv premixer. You might want to check out the videoheadroom.systems submixer. That produces a bunch of different interrelated cv signals based on up to 4 inputs. And the matrix mixer can do this in a similar way as well (though I prefer to use mine as a colorizer).

2 Likes

@Fox 's A+B-C is a flexible way to mix a lot of different signals down to one output in minimal HP and no knob twiddling. If you patch three signals into the top section, its output is normalled into the A input of the 2nd section so you can add another signal and subtract another signal before the final output. 5 inputs, one output, 4HP–send it into your oscillator FM inputs or anything, really.

The top A is normalled to 1V so you can start adding/subtracting from white instead of black.

3 Likes