Cadet and Castle gallery

A gallery of pictures made only with Cadet / Castle modules.
Post all your beautiful screenshots here.
Please mention which modules are used!

A modulated expo waveform patch with feedback noise from the Hard key Generator.
2x C9 VCO, 2x C10 Multiplier, 2x C7 Processor, C6 Fader, C5 Scaler, DIY Sandin Differentiator
I got sidetracked a bit, but I liked the outcome!
I used an external VCO (WMD PDO) for the modulation.

4 Likes

First patch with Castle ADC. Camera input. the outputs of the ADC control 2 VCO’s .
Output 3 is mixed with the squarewave output of vco2.
I love the colors that the ADC makes!

3 Likes

camera input to Castle ADC, DAC and masking the static lines (2x vco+hard key and processor) with the Castle multi Logic gates

2 Likes

Playing with Castle flip flops and quad gate.

6 Likes

A few more.

4 Likes

wow that looks nice! Can you add some patch notes?

Yes patch notes!
thx

Patch notes for videos above.

4 Likes

big ol’ dump of castle patches over the past few months:

11 Likes

glitch it up with feedback patching the Castle VCO, flipflops, Syntonie freq doubler & CBV001

6 Likes

Simple shapes coming from a Cadet system plus a Castle shift register and multi gate.

Most of the low frequency modulation in the images comes from an NLC triple sloth. Accompanying bleeps and bloops from Random*Source euroserge system with diy friends and an Octatrack. One layer was recorded together with the audio patch, with a bunch of cross modulation. Other layers were recorded separately, cut to the music and screened over the top.

Fun with additive color mixing :smiley:

9 Likes

Without trying to hijack this thread, here is a little more!

I’ve started keeping a video synth video notebook. These first two patches are all cadet and 2 castle modules for the shape/pattern generation. Modulation comes from the NLC triple sloth (love that thing) and a contact mic. I’m still working out what the right format is for these, but keeping track of the individual steps in the process - where to fine tune which parameters before patching more stuff into other stuff, etc… - seems almost as important as the signal flow. Hence the kinda frenetic video. These are pretty simple patches compared to other stuff in this thread, but perhaps they can inspire and/or entertain.

10 Likes

Awesome video @Fuzzy_Pause
I especially enjoyed seeing the Shift Register working. I’ve never given mine enough time to figure out but a bigger case has changed things so that lame excuse must now be thrown on the trash heap.
I like the style of the video: watching the Effect, reading about it briefly, watching the visuals change as the patch evolves & taking mental notes :star_struck:
The good music really helps :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Subscribed!
Nice to see some simple explanations on working with castles!! I definitively need to look more into them.
Thanks for the video!
@Robbertunist what case do you have now? And more importantly, what psu?

2 Likes

A 19" 12U mixer flight case with a single Doepfer PSU :sweat_smile:
But I’m definitely looking for an additional & separate PSU to fit in there for an audio setup to get the A rocking with the V :control_knobs::tv::star_struck::electric_plug::musical_keyboard::musical_note::speaker::level_slider::sound::level_slider::loud_sound::notes::footprints::man_dancing:

1 Like

Thanks @Robbertunist and @VanTa !

As I get around to putting together the other castle modules & generally spend more time with this system there will most likely be more :tv: :grin:

1 Like

Really well executed and helpful. I look forward to more of these vids.

3 Likes

Thanks @Z0NK0UT ! Hopefully these become a somewhat regular exercise, insomuch as anything in my life is regular these days :upside_down_face:

3 Likes