As promised, we have a new version of Memory Palace firmware for you all to try. At this time, there are some rough edges and still a lot of work to do. We plan to have V19 wrapped up at the same time TBC2 ships, since they will share a common code base. If you’re happy with the current firmware and don’t want to disturb any projects or performances in progress, you should stick with V18 until we get to that point.
BUT! If you’re anxious for some really powerful new features and performance improvements and want to be part of the refinement process, jump on board the V19 train and help us out. We’ll keep this thread updated with a known issues list and welcome your feedback or bug reports as comments here.
Download firmware here: https://github.com/lzxindustries/firmware/tree/master/memorypalace
Installation instructions: Memory Palace User Guide
Major Features / Enhancements
- 60Hz recursion speeds allow more fluid feedback
- Enhanced user interface/menu (WIP)
- Screen vs Vertex positioning (SPACE menu page)
- Vertex capture and displacement via Alpha+Aux inputs (SPACE menu page)
- Selectable mirror modes (SPACE menu page)
- Adjustable warp vertex masking (SPACE menu page) for bit reduction or turning off filtering
- Selection of Internal vs SD Card memory
- Improved media loader. Will now load still images at any size up to max buffer dimensions 720x576. Can use either storage space for media.
- USB access and media file scanning should be MacOS compatible
- Groundwork has been laid down for a much more extensive list of functions we’re excited to implement
Known Issues / Work In Progress
- MIDI and Trigger controls are disabled.
- CV/parameter ranges and display of values in the GUI needs some tweaking
- Various GUI display rough edges (lots more planned)
- Clear button unfreezes the ARGB input but does not clear the frame
- DVI output should be working but needs more testing
- Thumbnails won’t load from original still image sets as-is
- Freeze function not working?
- Settings not saved through power cycle
Updates Since Original Post
- 12/24/2019 12:17PM PST – Fixed paint mode, added ghost, fxkey and keyfx modes