Memory Palace V19 Beta Dec 2019

I did not see it mentioned above but I noticed that setting adjustments like slew, etc… were volatile in V19. Is this the consistent case? Will the final version save these settings?

1 Like

So i’ve just got my system set back up with the return of my visual cortex and now it seems like the fan is running really loud on the memory palace as soon as I power up the vessel case
maybe it is because the vessel case isn’t full anymore and I just couldn’t hear it before because the case was full?
I can’t imagine it was this loud though
anyone else have any issues with the fan on the back of memory palace?

1 Like

I’ve also noticed my MP even louder than before. It would be nice to have a setting to set the speed of the fan.

1 Like

i feel like there used to be something in the system setting but maybe I’m just thinking of the structure module

I asked. No fans speed options are possible. Structure has on/off. The fan in MP is pretty critical.

1 Like

it must just be that my vessel case isn’t full of modules right now I suppose

Mine is in a full skiff and it is loud. It has always been loud relatively speaking.

1 Like

Re: Settings being volatile. That should not be the case, you should see all settings remain through power up on V19. Let me know if not.

Also volatile on my side.

Try switching the drive to “internal” in the system menu and let me know if that changes settings retainment for you.

I reverted to v18 after realizing the issue. I was in the middle of a project and about to got live. After I noticed it I did 3 or 4 power cycles and setting calibrations before reverting. There were some hiccups in the reversion process as well and I have some projects currently running through March and so am reluctant to try the beta again until after that but I may get brave, I am at a new start point this week… I was getting really sweet results with vertex-displacement mode modulated with an external keyed video feed and am tempted. I like the option of the dead band but that is not my preferred default option and I like lots of slew.

For me, using the memorypalace_v19-beta-12242019.2.zip file that adds ghost/keyfx modes, no button states or offset/slew type settings are persisted on shutdown. When trying to change “Drive” to a different value than “SD Card” in the System menu, the modules’s LCD appears to shut off completely while the output is solid green for ~7 seconds, then the output comes back on and I am kicked back to the top-level menu. “Drive” still shows “SD Card” after this and settings are still not persisted. Memory Palace is from order #1926.

1 Like

Also confirming that settings are not saving for me. I can not select Internal, screen goes blank and then defaults back to SD card with all settings reset.

1 Like

settings are not saving and i’ve experienced the random crash twice, maybe 3 times now. once was during the capturing of this polaroid:

2 Likes

The fan was the first thing I noticed as well. Really loud. I just tried switching to the internal, but the screen goes black and it just stays on sd.

The Memory Palace’s internal fan is just too loud!!!