ILDA laser projector recommendations for use with LZX Cyclops

Please help newbies out by recommending laser projectors you’ve used with the LZX Cyclops module with good results.

1 Like

Yes! Please recommendations. I think I want to get a laser.

1 Like

i ve got a laserpro 800 rgb. it works good. it s 40kpps. it has analog modulation so you can have the color of your choice (no ttl). it s just 800 mw enough for my use.

2 Likes

I’ve been using a Laserworld CS-1000mW rgb which is pretty fantastic for getting started. However, I am currently working on building a homebrew 3w 60kpps. If you have the resources I suggest building a custom one to get the results you want, there are generally downsides to prebuilt (binary diodes, dim reds, expensive, poor focusing/difficult to calibrate)

3 Likes

I’ve been using a Lightspace Venus II 3W with good results, also paired it with a friend’s Kvant 3W recently after throwing together a dual-Cyclops rack.

3 Likes

I got my hands on a LASERWORLD DS-1800RGB which is apparently discontinued.

The manual states “Do not connect the laser to standard parallel port at your computer, but always use an appropriate ILDA interface (usually is sold together with the laser control software).”

Is the LZX Cyclops considered such an apporpriate interface? Or should I be connecting the Cyclops to the Laserworld ShowNET Network Interface, which then connects to the DS-1800RGB?

Yes, the Cyclops port is an ILDA port and you can connect it directly to your laser.

2 Likes

I’m using the cheapest option out there: lightmaXX CLUB 400 RGY Showlaser:
lightmaXX CLUB 400 RGY Showlaser, 400mW, ILDA | MUSIC STORE professional

Currently 179 EUR. Only red and green (no blue) but very wide and bright image and works great with the cyclops.

4 Likes