H2CS HDMI to Component Video Converter prevents Intensity Shuttle from capturing

Hello

I can get the Black Magic Intensity Shuttle to capture from the Visual Cortex through the Black Magic Media Express desktop app on my mac mini. Which is great! :grinning:

I can also get an image into the Visual Cortex, from my macbook pro, through the H2CS ‘Universal HDMI to Component Video Converter’. Which is also great! :grinning:

Problem is, I can’t get them to work together. :sob:

I remember back before the rollout of this forum when there was a section on the lzx website which was like a ‘getting started’ explainer which described what one would need to delve into video synthesis.

I’m pretty sure the BM IS was on there as :the: video capture device, as was the H2CS as :the: hdmi to component converter. Am I missing something? Any work-arounds?

The VC is set to decoder on the little switch on the back.

S

i made a wee video and put it on youtube here

Solved… i think…

I picked up a £20 Component to HDMI converter. It drops frames every so often but seems to be working quite well apart from that.

:crossed_fingers::nerd_face:

Yeah, YMMV when it comes to cheaper devices interacting with each other. Consumer grade stuff is meant to convert formats for display on a TV as cheaply as possible. If you can afford it, go with broadcast quality converters from Blackmagic or AJA. They are designed for reliable capture/recording.

okie dokie :slight_smile: thanks for your reply Lars. much appreciated.