Behold Pendulum, an undulating maelstrom of analogue motion for your video synthesis patches. More than a dual oscillator, Pendulum delivers maximum utility with her signal crossfader and router. Fantastic as both a control voltage source and modulation effect.
- 2 low frequency oscillators with Sine, Triangle and Square out. Analog circuitry produces continuous waveforms with a frequency range of 45 seconds per cycle up to frame rate. Simple and classic.
- 2-input, 2-output voltage-controlled fading and routing. You can never have enough crossfaders in a video synthesizer. Pendulum’s fader has two channels which cross over each other when voltage control is applied. This enables flexible patching as a signal router/panner, dual fader, VCA, or inverted VCA.
- Perfect patch-through workflow. Pendulum’s LFOs can be mixed with the fader inputs using their dedicated mix controls. This feature allows two video rate signals to be patched through the crossfader with dedicated modulation ready to go!
- Format: 3U EuroRack Synth Module
- Width: 10HP
- Mounting Depth: 32mm
- +12V Power Consumption: 80mA
- -12V Power Consumption: 65mA
- Price: $219 USD
Pendulum’s crossfader can operate in several modes, depending on how it’s patched.
Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA)
Patch your source to A In. Take your output from D Out. The Cross control and VC input will now control the gain of your input signal.
Patch your sources to A In and B In. Take your output from D Out. The Cross control will now control a crossfade between the signals at the A and B inputs.
1-Input, 2-Output Router/Panner
Patch your sources to A In. Take your outputs from C Out and D Out. The Cross control will now move the signal from the C Output to the D Output as it is adjusted
2-Input, 2-Output Double Fader
This one works great when processing H and V ramp signals to perform 90 degree rotation. Patch your sources to A In and B In. Take your outputs from C Out and D Out. The Cross control will now fade between the A and B inputs in opposite directions on each output.
- Q4 2018, 200 units, no known issues