What is available for voltage interface 5v-1v

My DIY products (schematics, pcb sets & kits) are available for users with a limited budget,
who want to make video art.
If you want to buy a finished module, I offer these directly, on my Etsy page and a number of shops worldwide stock them. (I’m working on having more shops in the USA right now)

The modules these shops offer (for example Schneidersladen) are made and tested by me.

External commercial builders:
Buying cheap pcbs and building modules from them, then selling these as a commercial bussiness is not something I think is ethical. This is a practice you see much more often now, especially with open source audio modules.
People make money without having to do any real work, and the designer gets (almost) nothing.

Where do you want to see your money go?
For the designer / maker this is a means to earn a living, continue their work and offer new projects.

For an external “bussiness” it is just easy money.

9 Likes

HOLY FRACK!
THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!
i have a few of his early devices but not one of those!
now that i have delved heavily into the Ciat-Lonbarde sphere over the years…something like that would be AMAZING! :stuck_out_tongue:

also…
apologies to everyone if this topic has really slid off into a litigation session over jerkoffs that just don’t have a simple modicum of respect for other people’s creations.
A CURSE ON THEIR HOMES!

anyhow…
thank you so much for the info on proper conversion modules.
i hope that more of these will be available for the community.
seems like they are a serious basic tool needed for videosynths!

this is what i was building…

i found a used one of @brownshoesonly modules and picked up the suggested Curtail and figured a buffered splitter would be handy! :stuck_out_tongue:

now i can connect a horde of Pamela’s NWO modules and various other noiz weaponry to the thing!
hopefully all the parts arrive by the weekend!
:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

He could include something like, “designed for the LZX 0-1v ecosystem” in the description so at least the search picks up the “LZX” and there isn’t blatant trademark infringement.

1 Like

Hey, just to give an update on the situation with the Reverb seller. He did reply to my message, said he has seen this thread, thanks for bringing it to his attention… but made excuses rather than taking responsibility. So, it does appear unlikely that there will be any positive movement on this.

Question … why didn’t LZX strike their logo from the open-sourced Cadet panel graphics? If I was releasing something out into the wild, I would take at least that minimum precaution to literally protect my brand. Anyway, it’s never too late to revise those graphics to prevent such shenanigans in the future.

Thanks, and again, I’m sorry this is happening. I tried.

2 Likes

It was as a courtesy to those with existing Cadet systems, and also because I wanted to preserve the project archive unmodified. The idea is to archive the project for personal use and historical purposes, not to publish a “print and sell” product design. If someone wants to sell it as a product, they can learn to make their own frontpanel art. If I were too worried about it, I would have never open sourced to begin with. So it’s okay – thanks for trying.

My heart on all this is of course just that “someone else learning something or contributing something back” is what I get out of the deal.

So I’ll be here, if anyone wants tips on designing or exporting their own frontpanel art.

6 Likes

would multiple complaints of a cease and desist nature to Reverb shut this down?
i know they can be a bit strict about customer issues…which tries to make a safe environment to order through the site.

back to the original topic though…another question for the group…

does anyone know the IN and OUT of the BrownShoesOnly 5:1?

is the 5v IN on the left column or the right column?

In should be on the left column

2 Likes

BTW @brownshoesonly what’s the status of your configurable voltage converter, XFMR ?

Also, great work on the user docs for VH.S … complex modules like Channel really benefit from such a thorough explanation and graphic.

1 Like

Ahh bummer I never have time to troll the boards anymore… I have some Cadet Scalers I would have laid on ya for chips…

2 Likes

Breadboarding a 5v to 1v w/ CV controllable slew rn, should be able to get panels/PCB’s on the next JLC order inshallah

5 Likes

Our simple 2hp 4 channel bipolar 5:1 scaler is now available www.scopicmodular.com

:grinning:

4 Likes

By bipolar, you mean +/-5 V → +/- 1V?

Because some configurations of Cadet V can convert polarity, e.g. +/- 5V → 0-1V.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly. ±5v becomes ±1v

A 0-5V CV signal becomes 0-1V

Purple trace is a ±5v LFO, green trace is the scaled version

4 Likes

That scaler looks really nice/footprint compact size!!

1 Like

Just placed an order for these to check them out!!!

3 Likes

Awesome! We’ll get them in the post tomorrow :slight_smile: Thanks for your support, it’s been a fun little project :heart:

2 Likes

Hey @Jesse ! Quick question with maybe an obvious answer. Will this module scale 10v signals down to 2v?

2 Likes

@giantmecha Nah thats a great question, yep it sure will :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! Snagged me one :v:

FYI your URL doesn’t work for me (in Australia) :thinking: