Vidiot - Troubleshooting

Hello,

sorry for the bad English I hope I can be understood.

I watched the 3 patches example Youtube video for the Vidiot and I realized that I may have an issue with my unit.

At the beginning of the Youtube video, turning the Luma knobs without patching the unit does affect the picture coming from the colorizer video out. On my unit it does nothing, the Luma processor affects the picture only if I patch the signal from Luma out to some other inputs. Plus the Detail function knob does nothing whatever I do.

Am I doing something wrong? Hope I can fix it since a Staircase is on its way. Thank you

Your English is great!
It sounds like your luma processor section is working correctly. You can check by monitoring the signal from the luma output on the back of Vidiot. If monitoring from the chroma output, be sure to select the EYE icon in the colorizer section, to view the luma processor through the colorizer. You can also just patch the output from the luma processor into another input (RGB, key, etc) to see it.
The Detail parameter is a subtle control that only becomes apparent in some situations. I find it helpful to feed a voltage into the CV input for Detail to boost the response.

Chad, many thank for your prompt and great help, especially on a Sunday!

So much to explore with the Vidiot; I have missed the little EYE…

I am so so so happy that I will wear my Vidiot party hat and return back syncing my abstract music with beautiful moving LZX made colorful shapes :slight_smile:

Would love to see your work!

I am learning fast, thanks to the numerous LZX videos, and I will be happy to share my creations when I feel ready

1 Like