TBC2 MIDI questions

This sounds awesome, and though I’m sure you all are super busy, any idea when this might happen?

Does midi channel 0 = 1? (I imagine it does, not all midi devices start at zero though)

In other peoples TBC2 GUI, does the midi channel number only change visually when you navigate onto a different parameter?

What I mean is, I select midi channel, I press UP or DOWN keys, and the Midi channel number stays the same until I navigate away from it, only then I can see what channel I changed it to.

In the GUI it is hard to see when you are selecting a parameter as white turning bold white is quite subtle.
Could a different color be displayed when you are ready to select? I find it very difficult to see when I am ready to press yellow.

Which 3.5mm jack is midi in and which is out? I guess it is top in, bottom out, but looking at the gen3 modules, the inputs are the unfilled circles, and the outputs are the filled circles. Is it the opposite on TBC2 with the small arrows?

I have yet to make TBC2 react to MIDI input. I am using a setup which has worked before with TRS A midi devices, though I don’t have much else to troubleshoot with at the moment.

Thanks

yes the top MIDI jack is the input

what video format are you using?
if it is anything other than ntsc / pal then the only thing that MIDI works for currently is the encoder A and B crossfade

1 Like

Thanks, I thought so. Yes, I understand the decoder only works in SD.

However neither of the crossfades or hue/sat are responding.

I will continue to troubleshoot the set up.

I’ve logged this is an issue to check. You should see the value change as you press the up/down buttons.

For frontpanel questions, I’ve added the legend to the site here:

4 Likes

Thanks Lars. Also thank you and the team for this incredible range of video instruments, they are wonderful:)

4 Likes