Sensory Translator, mono sum?

Hi There!

I just realized one thing, how is ST using a stereo in signal? Does it just sum both channels to one and analyze that?

So if I want to analyze a real stereo signal, I need two Sensory Translators? :slight_smile:

Best regards,
/Marcus.

1 Like

I already have one, but I couldn’t find any info about if the input jack was in mono or stereo.
But I will likely get one more in the future, I like stereo. But I work a lot in immersive multichannel systems with more than 16 loudspeakers, but it would maybe be a little grotesque to get 8 or even 16 Sensory Translators… :smile:

1 Like

So true! Haha, then it’s just the money issue left. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Link to Facebook thread with some discussion pertaining to this topic:

In it, @creatorlars says:

“Audio is a mono input. Use two Sensory Translators to do stereo decoding! If you did that and took the difference of the two envelopes at one band, you’d get an envelope that represented the stereo phase separation between bands.”

“Another trick with Sensory Translator – feed it a sine wave from a VCO and sweep the VCO’s frequency… you will get a sequential scan through the envelope outputs!”

3 Likes

I bet you could use a Stereo-to-Mono adapter just fine for summing left and right into the Sensory Translator input jack.

2 Likes