The Sensory Translator is a five-channel envelope follower module. Since each of the module’s channels is essentially a band-passed frequency band, the resulting control voltage evolves from the volume of each band. Use the external audio input, microphone, or both at once to turn the sounds around you into five channels of CV control over your patch. Listen to the room. The Sensory Translator comes equipped with an omnidirectional microphone that can hear more than you can!
- The Microphone output provides a modular level signal from the on-board mic.
- The +/- switches are for adjusting/boosting the input gain.
- The upper row of outputs give you individual filtered frequencies of the incoming audio.
- The bottom row of outputs are separate envelope signals for each of the frequency bands.
- The Amp/Imp switches select between an envelope output (Amp), or a trigger output (Imp for Impulse).
- The Fast/Slow switches control the response/slew of the envelope.
Specifications and Features
- Omnidirectional electret microphone mounted on front panel
- Three preamp gain settings
- External audio input selectable between line and modular level voltages
- 2-input mixer including EQ with Bass and Treble levels
- Five 4-Pole precision bandpass filters
- Each bandpass filter has a 2-Octave bandwidth
- Five envelope followers with three decay speed settings
- Dedicated LED indicators for each channel
- Selectable Impulse mode for Beat-to-Trigger detection
- 16 HP