[ORDER] VEIL - Priority Layering Compositor

Looking for a pre-built Veil, thanks!

1 Like

Gotcha covered. DM’ing now…

1 Like

Finally got op amps in mine! Had a quick play last night and very excited for the new patching options. Psyched to start working on some RGB mixing!

9 Likes

Having only built a couple simple modules so far, a passive mult and digital oscilator, would this module be suitable for a novice builder? The build guide seems similar to what I’ve done so far. Been wanting to put my iron to work again and this module looks pretty sweet!

2 Likes

Just take extra care around not overheating the ICs by giving plenty of time between soldering each pin and you’ll be fine! There’s no calibration and the part values are on the board.

3 Likes

This one isn’t any harder to build than most single-board modules. It does have an above-average number of IC’s though. If you’re careful about excessive heat as Rempes mentioned and are thorough when searching for shorts, then you should be fine.

2 Likes

Good to hear, thanks for the tips!

2 Likes

God i love this module! Need to order two more of them then i have a trio…Best option for those (like me) who missed the window to get their hands on a marble index.
BUUUUUMP.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words!

When the lockdowns started,i tried to order a marble index from the states,but they wouldn’t want to ship overseas and there went my last chance of getting one of them.It was a huge disappointment.
I hadn’t really an idea how that module worked or how to use it exactly,but i knew that it was an essential processing module for the things i want to do with video synthesis (and i was right)
Discovering veil here in the forum was a bit like finding some buried treasure.

2 Likes