LZX + non video eurorack

Yeah, it does blur to the right with ramps and video, probably because it just can’t keep up, but on the other hand I like that it breaks out of the grid.

Speaking of blurry goodness, @Dewb – good call on the Dr. Octature!

1 Like

Been wanting a Pam’s for a while, the attenuation feature is a solid selling point. So I just bought one!

I use the bridge to bring in signals from Wogglebug, Maths and the Mother 32. Taking the envelope out of the Mother and modulating the frequency or phase on the Staircase is always good fun.

I also like taking the noise output and subtly inserting that into some video elements. The Mother’s onboard mixer/attenuator helps dial the noise back and can be further modulated by an LFO. Makes for some interesting patches.

1 Like

XAOC Zadar is one of my favorite audio modules for video. Aside from having configurable output voltage (for 1V standard) it goes into audio range and basically any shape it makes can be represented visually either as a V oscillator or as a modulator for a H oscillator.

E352 syncs extremely well to video and also produces lovely shapes.

Batumi quadrature mode amazing for modulating Navigator.

Warm Star Fragment is a utility mixer/mult module that works fine with video signals

Still looking for the perfect random module…

4 Likes

NLC Sloths work well for me. They just need a little attenuation, of course.

1 Like

Here are the modules I have achieved moderate or (for me) pleasing success:
A-138c polarizing mixer - adds a blurry glow as you overload the partly leaked video signal - gives me the impression of an ultrasound image

A-143-9 quadrature lfo-vco - needs no introduction, everyone knows it is a must have
A-163 - adds interesting sof horizontal layer lines to video signals:

A-106-6 Xpander Filter - when fed into ramps (cutoff cv in) and stays nice (but not unfortunately endlessly scrolling curves can be created with sweet color fades as you feed different filter outs to different color inputs on an RGB - oddly, did not have even similar results with other multimode vcf-s

Kasleder Acid Fuzz - a germanium diode-eurorack fuzz with feedback option - always messes up the signal decently and does lovely video feedback

10 Likes

Polygogo seems like it could be a good friend for Chromagnon.

3 Likes

nlc squid axon is another good one if u have a clock signal in the workflow.

1 Like