We had been eyeing the Mordax DATA for a while, and finally pulled the trigger. It’s exciting to read every single output side-by-side on the Liquid TV. It feels like we essentially know nothing about this video synthesis (which is more or less true) all over again trying to understand it by waveform.
We’ll be posting example pictures pairing the DATA with the Liquid TV, and explaining the signal chain displayed. It’s helping us out a lot, and we figured it might make sense to other people even without seeing the display in person. We’d be excited to have anyone else’s oscilloscope demonstrations posted here too.
I’m sure a lot of people passing through already get it, but for new DATA users, here are some guidelines:
- The LZX system displays best in 0.5V resolution.
- At the lowest time resolution (50us), you can see about 15 scan lines at a time.
- Works well with Range 4 Prismatic Ray
- (525 lines make one frame every 1/30sec)
- If you want to approximate one frame as the width of your display, use 50ms time resolution.
- Works well with Range 3 Prismatic Ray