How to make a bw circle like video w/ Vidiot

I’m so sorry if this question is extremely obvious but I’m stuck. I just got Topogram and Mapper and was wanting to make a b/w circle like the one created with the patch in the LZX video with Visual Cortex. The picture I’ve attached is the circle from the video. Is it possible to make this with Vidiot or either the Cadet ramp generator or Diver? I want to do the cool rainbow effect with it after I patch it into the Topogram keyer and then out through Mapper. I really appreciate any help. Thanks so much.

You essentially need logarithmic H & V ramps mixed and keyed to create a circle.

The third bank on Diver with its current original firmware creates logarithmic ramps. You can just key the H+V output.

Here’s a thread on how to do this with Cadet modules and several other useful bits of information on how to achieve it with other production modules:

I’m not certain if Vidiot’s H & V oscillators go slow enough to approximate a ramp. You should be able to create multiple simultaneous circles with the dedicated Circle output that follow the H & V oscillators.

4 Likes

Awesome!! Thank you soooo much :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Omg, it totally worked :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Here’s my video showing CIRCLES: https://youtu.be/JhvwcvyIJaY

6 Likes

Those Mapper colors! Been holding out for the next thing but now I’m tempted. Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

My pleasure. I absolutely LOVE Mapper.