H/V to bus from TBC2, anyone have VWG's catching sync this way?

Can anyone confirm that their H/V to Gate/CV is working on their TBC2? I’ve tried both rear switch positions to no avail, curious if it’s working for y’all?

Yes, just tested it. It works fine on TBC2 #0053 with a Prismatic Ray V1.3.

Both DIP switches on TBC2 are pointed towards the top of the module.

You have to plug the Eurorack power header in (or at least a 4 pin jumper for just Gate/CV only) and make sure it’s on the same Gate/CV bus as your Prismatic Ray.

3 Likes

Thanks for testing m8, appreciate you.

VWG’s here, no dice. Yes, full width 16pin cables on the VWG’s & TBC2, same bus. It’s LIBB so it does have CV/Gate busses too they aren’t deprecated or anything. I long ago got rid of my PR’s that had bus sync or I’d give them a go. I’ll edit the title to see if I can get any traction w/ someone who’s got VWG’s

TBC #004 1.0RC16

What are scopes good for!

I have a PR and VWG running from bus sync on an LIBB. I plan to load all my legacy Oscillators onto this bus so I’ll report back.

So far sync has been stable with these two modules.

2 Likes

Hopefully my questions won’t hijack this thread. While I no longer have any VWG modules, the same questions apply to the early PR modules.

I’m using Malekko PSUs and a sync bridge cable. This creates an interesting problem for me. By my calculations, the loads on both PSUs are close to the limit for the 6A power bricks I’m using. I can’t buy the 8A bricks that could help power a TBC2, so if I replace my VC with a TBC2 in that cabinet, I may need to add a 3rd PSU and use the sync bridge cable to link the TBC2 to the PSU my PR modules use.

Could I connect the sync bridge cable directly to a TBC2 powered by a 12V dc PSU? Could I instead use a power module, like a 4MS Row Power, for the TBC2 on one connector, and then connect the sync cable to the other connector?

I don’t yet have a TBC2 to test any of this.

Is a sync bridge cable just an IDE ribbon cable that connects the CV/GATE busses of different Busboards together? Like a europower connector with only 4 wires?

1 Like

Yes, a very simple cable. Not full ribbon cable, and no keyed connectors. Just enough for sync. While this makes it easy to use incorrectly, with a little care it’s very simple to get right.

1 Like

Use barrel power for the TBC2 and just the sync bridge cable to the bus of the malekko ?

3 Likes