Akai MPC 2000XL SMPTE

wondering if there is a way/use to interface/sync MPC SMPTE with Expedition?
cheers!

PS out of interest, is there a user reference card out there for Bridge or u.r.c./manual for Passage?

1 Like

thanks. i did find these but i think bridge is corrupted? i guess passage doesn’t really need one.
mapper too & shapechanger owners manual.pdf perhaps?

SMPTE - no use I assume?
I wonder why they included that feature. i was hoping i could sync the drum machine to lzx or timecode somehow by SMPTE. Edirol mixer has Midi tho so maybe i can go that way. just interested about the possibility. a lot to learn from scratch. thx

It could be fun to experiment with SMPTE if you wanted to play a long chunk of existing footage into the system from something like a computer, Andor-1, or Edirol P-10. Replace the audio track with SMPTE code, and the MPC should follow along perfectly…

2 Likes

If you want to use the original audio from the footage, then move it over to the MPC before replacing it with SMPTE - then just play it back like any other sample.

You could also send MIDI commands to your Edirol mixer from the MPC- then everything would be in sync, and you could automate some eye-poppingly tight rhythmic edits…

2 Likes