[WIP] RAMPART - Dual Monostable / Pulse Generator

This looks cool, but I’m a bit concerned about the positioning of that bottom jack.

Different rail profiles have different thicknesses and leave slightly different amounts of space between the rails. I’m sure that I saw the specification of this somewhere but I can’t find it, now.

I’d just stick to the PCB dimensions that you find on commercial products to be safe.

1 Like

The PCB is 110mm tall which seems to be the maximum that most manufacturers adhere to. Hopefully its fine but may just need to shift the mounting holes on the front panel up a bit on the next revision.

2 Likes

Just for reference, LZX frontpanels are 128.5mm tall. Rear PCB assemblies are always centered to that height and are 4370 mils tall (~111mm tall) and ((200 * HP) - 20) mils wide (so that would be 780 mils or ~19.81 mm for 4HP.)

5 Likes

Cool design. But as a minor quibble: monostable is an adjective and not a noun.

1 Like

In the electronics world, it’s not uncommon to casually use it as a noun, in place of “monostable circuit” or “monostable multivibrator”. I’ve definitely seen it before.

2 Likes

I think you are technically correct, but I’ve definitely heard it used as both a noun and an adjective, I was certainly taught with it used as both. I wonder if there’s a British English / American English difference in general use?

1 Like