[WIP] DC Distribution Board, 4hp Sync Passthru/DC Input Panel, and 2or4hp 5V-1V Scaler

Heya LZX family,

Here be a few projects we’re working on:

DBS-14

A busboard w/ 14 x 2.1mm DC Barrel Jacks for feeding those various Gen3 modules +12V power. Good for 8A [EDIT: 5A] (each individual connector is rated for 2.5A). Has some basic noise suppression bits on board for smoothing ripple & rejecting common mode noise - a big Wurth Common Mode Filter, Murata BNX-16, and a few big OS-Con caps. Reverse power protection, yeah.

Measures ~ 83mm x 45mm x 30mm. Same bolt/screw spacing as Capsule for the pair of mounting screws.

Has a little 2 port terminal block for direct wiring to whatever jack you may want to feed it from - or wiring it to our INX-1 Input panel.

We’re planning to offer these as a power option alongside an upgraded 14 connector Capsule variant in our cases. If you want to get an idea what our case system is like see Scopic Webstore

INX-1

4hp DC Input & Sync Pass-through module

SCA-5

2hp or 4hp (your choice) 5V to 1V scaler

I’m going to redo the compo board because I figured out a better layout 1hr after ordering :yum:
Otherwise good to go.

Imagine we’ll do a little run of each, pending interest

17 Likes

These look really great @Jesse!

1 Like

Great thinking on the sync passthrough with the power!

1 Like

Yes, awesome. I would like to register interest : )

1 Like

Sweet!

Ordered revised boards/panels yesterday so should have everything in stock in less than 2 weeks.

Skipped the 4hp scaler panel for now, seemed like a waste :slight_smile:

5 Likes

nice one. you USA based?

Yep, California for the moment

2 Likes

These are now available on our website for purchase.

www.scopicmodular.com

Made a few small changes, as you can see the cap on DBS relocated to the bottom & INX got some different RCA jacks.

I previously quoted INX-1 as being 8A max input, the Switchcraft jack only handles 5A so take note of that.

DBS-14 $90

INX-1 $80

SCA-5 $80

5 Likes

Looks like our link was broken - its www.scopicmodular.com