Questions about DSG3

What about the amplitude drop I’m seeing at the MIN and MAX outputs? Are the inputs being divided by two for all of the blend modes, not just SUM?

It makes total sense for SUM, you don’t want the output to exceed 1 V. But if the MIN and MAX are also being cut in half, I don’t understand the purpose of that.

Thanks

1 Like

In a quick check on the scope with a single unit, it does appear there’s some amplitude loss (but not quite half scale.) I’ll audit the circuit this week, see what’s going on, and report back.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully it’s something you can address with a firmware update.

I decided to hold off on my tutorial video until TBC2 arrives. The blend modes are best illustrated with two real world photographs. I tried your clever RGB channel splitting, with different images in each channel. Unfortunately there is too much channel crosstalk, I can see the images bleeding into one another. Don’t know if that’s from my display device, the VU003B, or both. Suffice to say, TBC2 luma outputs are the best way to demonstrate DSG3 blend modes.

1 Like