LZX Gen3 Modular Releases 2021-2022

Is there a way to tell where we are in the queue for TBC2 pre-orders? I’d hate to be 101.

1 Like

the first wave of DSG3s are sold is that correct?

1 Like

Yes, but a second wave is probably not far behind the first. Gen3 is designed to be easy to keep in stock.

4 Likes

First day of summer:

So in approx, one month From today

Looking forward to it.

Great news! Thanks for the update.

It probably won’t be exactly 100 units (the margin could be +/- 10), so it is tough to guess where the cutoff will be until after QC. The second batch won’t be far behind the first.

2 Likes

Am I still able to pre-order the ESG3 or is it Sold out?
Says its sold out on the LZX site but I thought ESG3 were still in pre-order along with a few other units.

1 Like

Cool, gave it another shot and had success with the pre-order. Thanks

1 Like

Nick spoke a little about production numbers per Gen3 module towards the end of the latest stream on the LZX Twitch.tv channel. Probably broadcast on the May 26th, 2022.

Anyone received any shipping status updates??? First day of summer was yesterday :slight_smile:

Obviously no shipping notice here, haha, but there was a cool video of some flower feedback produced by TBC2 posted to IG last week.

1 Like

Yep! Final round of TBC2 testing.

7 Likes

Any DSG3, ESG3, and DWO3 updates?

ESG3/DSG3 production units are built and awaiting production firmware release before shipment (we are fine tuning performance of a few features.) We’re on the cusp of an announcement here, as well as with TBC2.

DWO3 has undergone another PCB layout revision that’s wrapping up this week, but we expect to go into production when those boards arrive in early July.

7 Likes

Are all new orders for ESG3/DSG3/DWO3 going to be part of a second batch or is there some availability left from the first run?

2 Likes

We are ahead on current orders, meaning there are assemblies built which are unallocated. There isn’t a fixed batch size that correlates to a grouped delay, since production on Gen3 modules is all in house and coming from shared parts stock (so we can just build more based on demand, with fast turnaround – instead of batching things 6-12 weeks apart). For example, we’ve managed to keep FKG3/SMX3 in stock since release, with some short gaps. If you want to be 100% sure you are ordering from stock-on-shelf it would probably be best to check with us after the initial shipments go out and the dust settles. We may have some ready to ship immediately, or we may be filling a rush of new orders – it’s impossible to say at the moment.

13 Likes

Appreciate the transparency!

3 Likes

Where did you see the TBC2 video in IG? Was it a clip from the streams Nick had been making on the LZX Twitch channel?

Regarding dates, this is definitely worth reading!

1 Like

It was in stories. You can see it in the Gen3 highlights (from the LZX profile).

2 Likes

Is the quadrature mode a scrapped idea? I haven’t heard/seen anything about it in Nick’s streams

1 Like